Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is not cash by nature alone currency?
Ok I tottered over to the bank this morning, humming a tune and probably even slipped out a light hearted whistle or two... I know! Hard to believe ... But I had the day off and headed to an anticipated enjoyable weekend.
I stopped in to deposit money into my sister's bank account. I was 'informed' by this little Tart that the bank no longer accepted cash unless I was depositing it into my own account. I was sure I had not heard her correctly. .. so my first response was "excuse me, what?". Smiling Tart - "we do not accept cash unless you are depositing funds into your own account" accentuated by the huge Mr. Ed smile. I look around for the camera and crew convinced it was one of those stupid tv shows where they want to show the world how utterly stupid people can be. I chuckle and flash her my I'm endearing face. She just stares at me holding out my deposit. I kindly remind her that I came into the 'bank' to make this deposit, followed by the. .. No really you keep it gesture. The fucking twit tells me AGAIN how the bank no longer accepts cash unless it is being deposited into my own account. Ok let me preface this by saying it was down hill from there:
Me: You're joking right?
Tart: No actually I'm not...!
Me: Since when does I'm a bank... a bank!! NOT want cash?
Tart: Oh we actually still have cash; we are after all a Bank. Then again with those fucking Mr. Ed teeth.
Me: No shit!! I was beginning to wonder.
Manager: May I assist you ? Is everything alright?
Me: That would be fantastic, I'm just trying to make a deposit.
Manager: We don't accept cash ... What the fuck!! Did I just stumble into Stepford Wivesville?
For Fuck ' s Sake!
They could take a check, money order, and could even assist me with a cash advance on my credit card. ... But cash!!... absolutely not!
How completely fucked up it that shit! A Bank that won't take your cash. And for the record; NO the deposit was no where near the $10k reporting mark.

When did I miss that Memo? [Image: 36_1_28.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Is not cash by nature alone currency? - by ChicagoBorn - 06-07-2014, 04:16 AM