Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
HANNAH GRAHAM & MORGAN HARRINGTON, VA. MISSING/MURDERED
Stitching the bag closed on this asshole a little at a time...

http://www.freep.com/story/news/nation/2.../16522733/

Photo stuns father of murdered Virginia student

The father of a Virginia Tech student murdered five years ago said Tuesday the similarities between his daughter's death and the Sept. 13 disappearance of U.Va. sophomore Hannah Graham hit home when he saw a photo of the man charged with Graham's abduction.

Dan Harrington's daughter, 20-year-old Morgan Harrington, disappeared after a rock concert on U.Va.'s Charlottesville campus five years ago. Her body was found in a central Virginia hay field three months later.

A sketch of a suspect was circulated, but no arrest was ever made.

"I thought it seemed very similar to Morgan's situation, the question of her maybe being somewhat impaired and someone just picking her up," Harrington said on NBC's "Today" show. "It really came to me about two weeks ago when I saw the picture (of Matthew) .... at that point I said, 'Oh my gosh, I think it's the same person.'"

Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said Matthew's arrest in the Morgan case "provided a significant break" in the Harrington case, citing unspecified forensic evidence.

The evidence also could link Matthew to the September 2005 abduction and rape of a 26-year-old woman in Fairfax City, outside Washington, D.C. In July 2010, six months after Harrington's body was found, authorities announced that DNA evidence linked her killing to the man wanted for attacking the Fairfax City woman as she walked home from a grocery store.

Dan Harrington said he and his wife, Gil, have become deeply involved in efforts to promote personal safety, particularly among young women.

"We are sad this has happened," he said, adding that the arrest and focus on personal safety of young women may be "a way for us to not have events like this occur in central Virginia."

Gil Harrington appealed to Matthew "to give the family information where Hannah is. We need to find Hannah."

Messages In This Thread
RE: HANNAH GRAHAM MISSING, 18, VA / JESSE LEROY MATTHEW JR ARRESTED - by SIXFOOTERsez - 10-27-2014, 03:58 PM