Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TAMIR RICE, 12 -- KILLED BY CLEVELAND POLICE
I don't know the policy about approaching someone believed to be armed with a gun in a public place. It could be that driving up to him was part of their training. Tamir did walk towards the car and Tamir reportedly did pull up his shirt and reached for the gun in his waist band (can't see that from the video).

It's undisputed that it happened very quickly, in under 2 seconds, which is of concern to many. But, that doesn't mean a review of all of the circumstances won't show that it was a justified shooting according to policy and given the information that the officers had at the time.

Anyway, I really wanna know if the investigation into the Tamir Rice shooting/killing will show that the officers should have been provided more information by 911 dispatch and whether it is believed that it would have made a difference.

I also wanna know why the officers didn't attempt to aid Tamir after the shooting, even though Cleveland police are trained to do so. The Chief said he doesn't know why they didn't and that all of the officers' actions are under investigation. I think it's good that the public is interested in why/how this happened; every case should be an opportunity to determine if improvements can be made to better ensure and protect public safety without casualties and that's more likely to happen with more eyes watching.

It's estimated that it will take 90 days to complete the internal review/investigation before the case is handed off to the grand jury. I won't be surprised if an independent agency is brought in to oversee the internal review; there are a lot eyes on this one and mistrust of the police.

The toy guns and bebe/pellet guns these days look very real. It's a shame that kids (not just black kids) are getting killed for playing aggressively with toy guns in public. It's kinda odd that outlawing realistic looking toy guns is being discussed because they are too easily mistaken for real guns, which are legal to open carry in the same area.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TAMIR RICE, 12 -- KILLED BY CLEVELAND POLICE - by HairOfTheDog - 11-29-2014, 06:54 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Midwest Spy - 11-28-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Duchess - 11-28-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Blindgreed1 - 11-28-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 05:26 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Duchess - 11-28-2014, 06:05 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 07:41 PM
RE: Ferguson - by username - 11-28-2014, 07:50 PM