Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TAMIR RICE, 12 -- KILLED BY CLEVELAND POLICE
(12-13-2014, 08:28 AM)Cutz Wrote: Most of white bread America is against persecution? How fair of them. There's a difference between persecution and prosecution...

Persecution of either all cops or all citizens (of whatever color) based on presumptions and singular incidents is weak, IMO.

Asking questions and acknowledging patterns (like those of cops or residents in certain geographies -- in this case inner cities) is fair. But, applying stereotypes and baseless presumptions in assessing specific cases is also weak, IMO.

(12-13-2014, 08:28 AM)Cutz Wrote: Question tho... what's the first aid treatment for gunshot wounds? Mouth to mouth? Put his feet up?

Officers Loehmann and Garmback should have known the answer to your question, Cutz.

If they did not, I think it could be a problem for the Cleveland PD in defending itself against the civil suit.

I don't know if immediate first aid would have increased Tamir's chances for survival, but I believe First Aid Certification is policy for Cleveland PD field officers. Tamir was alive while he lay unattended and unaided in the grass for 4 minutes. He was alive for 9 hours following the shooting.

Anyway, here's my answer to your question: Follow basic first aid while waiting for EMTs. If the gunshot victim is breathing but unconscious, clear and keep the airway open. If he/she is not breathing, begin CPR -- which is what the FBI agent did when he showed up and gave Tamir mouth-to-mouth until the ambulance arrived.

(12-13-2014, 08:28 AM)Cutz Wrote: Well... at least his mom put out there that he isn't allowed to play with guns. She must really be mad at her son for playing with it and getting himself shot. Probably mad at his friend too. Wonder why his name hasn't come out. Oh... cause there's white cops to blame. That's popular these days.

If she's telling the truth, I doubt she's mad at her dead child for disobeying. Kids tend to do that. Unless she's insane, she'd be more concerned about the fact that her son was killed and would not figure that a death sentence was warranted for disobeying mom.

As for the kid who allegedly gave Tamir the pellet gun -- assuming Samaria Rice knows who it is -- why on earth would she blame him or throw the kid into the public spotlight? Whoever gave him the toy committed no crime nor could he/she have foreseen the chain of events that would follow.

And, IMO, we'd be having this exact same conversation if Loehmann was black and Garmback was hispanic and Tamir was white -- given the 911 call, the dispatch call, the surveillance video, Cleveland PD's poor record, Loehmann's poor record, and the initial deception by PD regarding the killing by police of a 12-year-old with a plastic gun in the park.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TAMIR RICE, 12 -- KILLED BY CLEVELAND POLICE - by HairOfTheDog - 12-13-2014, 11:56 AM
RE: Ferguson - by Midwest Spy - 11-28-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Duchess - 11-28-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Blindgreed1 - 11-28-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 05:26 PM
RE: Ferguson - by Duchess - 11-28-2014, 06:05 PM
RE: Ferguson - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014, 07:41 PM
RE: Ferguson - by username - 11-28-2014, 07:50 PM