Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander
(01-05-2015, 08:45 PM)Duchess Wrote: [Image: 1hissyfit.gif]

hah I like that emoticon, Duchess.

So, the retrial is back on.

Personally, I don't even care about the identity of witnesses testifying to spare Arias' life. I just want her to have a fair retrial and be sentenced already. But, the press is pushing hard for access to that info and the transcripts, and the defense keeps pushing right back and filing more motions. Round and round.

Anyway, here's the latest:
Convicted murderer Jodi Arias has lost a bid to put her sentencing retrial on hold while she appeals a court's ruling over the public's access to her trial.

The denial Thursday by the Arizona Supreme Court means a transcript of Arias' closed-door testimony on Oct. 30 is one step closer to being released.

Earlier Thursday, Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Sherry Stephens said she wouldn't rule on a request by news organizations to release a transcript of the closed-door testimony until after the state's high court chimed in on Arias' request to pause the trial.

Stephens closed the courtroom to the public during the testimony of Arias' first defense witness, who was later revealed to be Arias herself. Dramaqueen

The judge had explained that the move was necessary because the then-secret witness was skittish and wouldn't testify unless the hearing was closed to the public.

Meanwhile, Stephens allowed a witness on behalf of Arias to testify Thursday under a pseudonym.

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jodi-arias-l...l-on-hold/

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - by HairOfTheDog - 01-10-2015, 12:29 PM
Jodi Arias is going to . . . . - by Carsman - 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM