Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
The Amish would be kings and Queens.
Actually Maggot a EMP would effect the amish, or at least the amish here in Iowa. We have them in our shop all the time. The pull up in a truck, but have a non amish friend drive them. Come into the store and buy power tools. It is not against the amish religion, faith, or whatever you want to call it, to use electricity. However the power they use must be generated from "Gods Grid" [solar, wind, etc] or diesel generators. As I was looking around to see how common this is I did see a couple things I did not know. 1, If a amish person buys a non amish home they have up to a year that they can still use the public power as the convert that home. The said it takes time so during the change over it is forgiven. 2, If a amish rents a booth at , lets say a flee market or something, they can use the power that is in that building because they are renting and don't own it. 3, some amish even use 12v headlights, taillights and turn signals' on their buggies. Funny people they are.

Here is a link to one of the sites I was reading tidbits about them. http://amishamerica.com/do-amish-use-electricity/

Messages In This Thread
The Amish would be kings and Queens. - by Maggot - 07-30-2014, 04:10 PM
RE: The Amish would be kings and Queens. - by F.U. - 08-24-2015, 05:06 PM