Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MURDERED: 8 yr old Leila Fowler - 12 yr old brother charged
(10-06-2015, 05:19 PM)Adub Wrote: I've been following along. I think Isaiah has a better chance with a judge than with a jury. I know the intruder part seems flaky, but it is his defense. He never did truly confess, did he?

To the best of my knowledge, Isiah stuck to the intruder story, even after the neighbor recanted on seeing a stranger that matched the description Isiah provided.

I don't know if Isiah has a better chance with a judge than he would have with a jury. But, neither verdict will shock me in this case, based on what I know of the trial/evidence. I could see it going either way.

The physical evidence proves that Leila was killed in the top bunk, in her house, and that most likely the steak knife found in the kitchen was the murder weapon (or one of the murder weapons). But neither the killer's blood nor DNA was found on the knife.

The fact that the knife with her blood on it was washed and left in the house circumstantially points to Isiah, who was home alone with Leila though.

What did you think about the time of death testimony Adub? The prosecution said Leila was cold to the touch when responders arrived and that Isiah had like 45 minutes to clean up before calling his parents. Barney Fowler says he thought his daughter was still alive when he got to the house, and the defense contends that Isiah wouldn't have had time to clean up (and even if he had, blood would have been found in the shower).

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARREST MADE: Leila Fowler, 8 ys old - Murdered in CA. - by californiakid - 05-18-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: MURDERED: 8 yr old Leila Fowler - 12 yr old brother charged - by HairOfTheDog - 10-06-2015, 05:56 PM