Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Banned from competitive swimming / SCHOOL RAPE CASES
(06-11-2016, 11:58 PM)Love Child Wrote: I read somewhere today that he does have a history of drug related incidents on the college campus.

He is one of so very many with similar backgrounds.

I have hope, finally, that the future Brock's of this world will be treated, socially and legally, like the predatory rapists they are -- without getting a free pass for simply being college students and/or athletes in a 'party' environment.

In my opinion, it's not possible to overestimate how much his victim's strength and honesty in describing her experience has helped elevate awareness and understanding of the campus rape epidemic in our country.

Not only has she proven that coming forward and pressing charges can result in a conviction (albeit one with an insufficient sentence in this case), the unintended national exposure that her words have commanded has put current and would-be rapists on notice and gotten the country's top lawmakers to wake up.

I agree with Joe Biden (I too am an admirer of his) -- she's a warrior and I won't forget her either.

[Image: ex-stanford_swimmer_rape.jpg?quality=90&...441&crop=1]
^ A 2015 Stanford demonstration at orientation for new students; good for those demonstrators.

Tomorrow, at their walking ceremony, graduates of Stanford University will be protesting the light sentence given to the rapist and expressing their full support of the woman he violently violated. Right on.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Banned from competitive swimming..... - by HairOfTheDog - 06-12-2016, 01:36 AM