Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Do all black lives matter, or only those killed by cops?
(07-12-2016, 05:04 PM)sally Wrote: What are you possibly going to say to them to make a change though?

Good question-

(07-12-2016, 05:04 PM)sally Wrote: One thing I see often, however, is that cops are out fucking with people over petty things, like hiding behind trees to catch them going over 25 mph,

You're pretty lucky, I'd love to see them doing that more often on my streets. I mean, no- let's let people fly through residential zones. God knows, nobody would be out walking or trying to ride bikes.

(07-12-2016, 05:04 PM)sally Wrote: meanwhile you call them up to report people slinging crack in front of your house and they tell you they have bigger fish to fry.

This I can relate to- Heroin is a huge issue in this state If you find a needle or other paraphernalia in a state park, you get to stand there and stare at it for 3 hours while waiting for the cops to get there. All they do is pick it up and put it in one of those needle thingies. Now, I just pack an old pair of tongs and an empty coffee can. If I see anything on the trail, I put it in the can & toss the can at the end of the hike.

(07-12-2016, 05:04 PM)sally Wrote: I have a friend that has some rental houses in the ghetto and the cops are nowhere to be found out there. Perhaps the black community should be protesting that.

I spent part of my childhood in a gheto-ish area in Massachusetts. The area started out as Italian and the Hispanics started moving in. I can remember sitting on the third floor porch of my grandparents home, watching groups of young Hispanic Men & groups of Italian men meet in the middle of the street and beat the shit out of each other. Tires would get slashed, houses burgled and vandalized, the area turned into a real pit. Lots of houses went up for sale. My Parents got the hell out in the late 80's.

Somewhere in the late 90's, the city started offering a free abandoned house to any cop that was willing to move into that area. They had 3 takers. I was down that way last year or the year before, visiting family that still lives there. The area looks really nice now. The houses are kept up, and there wasn't much trash on the street. They had torn down some houses and built a community center and expanded the play ground, with real swings and play equipment. I was quite impressed.

I wonder if that type of thing (offering a cop a free house in a bad area) would work in other cities.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do all black lives matter, or only those killed by cops? - by cannongal - 07-12-2016, 06:25 PM