Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT KILLS WOMAN IN SAN FRANCISCO -- the death of Kathryn Steinle
I agree with the jury that prosecutors were overreaching in charging Zarate with murder. Based on the evidence and the fact that Kathryn was killed by a ricocheted bullet rather than a direct shot, it never seemed likely that he aimed to kill.

However, I think I could have voted for involuntary manslaughter after hearing the evidence. Too bad the prosecutors didn't focus on proving that case.

Zarate's defense attorney pointed at President Trump after the verdict was read, reminding him that people don't get convicted without evidence and when there exists reasonable doubt.

Attorney Jeff Sessions lashed out at California's sanctuary cities, claiming that this is what happens when sanctuary cities release illegal/undocumented immigrants.

The jury was right in not focusing on Zarate's immigration status during their deliberations. Whether the defendant was a U.S. citizen, a visitor, an illegal immigrant..........was not relevant in determining whether evidence proved beyond reasonable doubt that Zarate murdered (requires intent) Kathryn Hienle.

I feel very sorry for her family though. No real justice to be had on this one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT KILLS WOMAN IN SAN FRANCISCO -- the death of Kathryn Steinle - by HairOfTheDog - 11-30-2017, 10:17 PM