Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Three freed from imprisonment in London ‘lived entire life in servitude’
This story grabbed my interest, and then sorta disappeared from the news outlets. From what I've been able to find, it's not what is was initially reported to be.

So far, I don't really see any crimes committed here. Three gullible women following a left-leaning wacky wannabe communist couple.

They were 3 young educated women - one had a daughter (father unknown) and died when the girl was 14. The girl never attended school (I don't know if that's considered a misdemeanor crime or not in London). The adult women don't appear to have been forced to do anything, from the looks of it now.

No charges were brought against anyone when Sian Davies died after a fall from the bathroom window; seems a bit of a mystery, but no evidence of homicide. And, there doesn't seem to be any evidence presented of enslavement or sexual abuse or anything of that nature perpetrated against the other two women who chose to live with the couple for all those years.

Looks like maybe the police and the media misled the public (or may have been misled by Josephine and/or the charity) with the first reports of this story?

For now, the Balakrishnans are free on bail.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Three freed from imprisonment in London ‘lived entire life in servitude’ - by HairOfTheDog - 12-08-2013, 11:53 PM