Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MURDER MYSTERY - TRIPLE HOMICIDE, SAN DIEGO, CA
(06-23-2014, 03:28 PM)Duchess Wrote: If he is the killer, looks sure can be deceiving. I guess that could apply to many other things rather than being a murderer.

The photo surprised me too -- not what I expected the triple homicide suspect to look like. His attorney says he adamantly denies the charges. If he's the guy, he looks more the type to have had an obsession with one or more of the victims than to be a hitman, but you never can tell...

Anyway, I don't know what's going on with the processing of this suspect. I had to scrounge like crazy to get a verified photo of Mercado. He has a previous arrest on weapons charges and has just been arrested in a high-profile multiple murder -- why no accessible mug shot? It's unusual.

There are also no details as to why the suspect was in the hospital just after his arrest; just a confirmation today that the hospitalization was a result of an incident at the jail. I wonder if he tried to off himself or if someone else tried to off him?

Hope more details come out at Wednesday's arraignment -- the LE spokesperson at today's presser (Lt. Hastings) said that SDPD won't be releasing details to the public in regards to this ongoing investigation and what Chief Zimmerman called the "aggressive prosecution" of Mercado.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MURDER MYSTERY - TRIPLE HOMICIDE, SAN DIEGO, CA - by HairOfTheDog - 06-23-2014, 04:40 PM