Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS
(09-28-2017, 04:52 AM)Duchess Wrote: I'm very sorry to you, HotD. When I posted that comment up there ^^^^^^, I was only repeating what the Prez said. I was being a wiseass :(

I thought maybe someone would call me out on my stupid sounding bullshit.[/i][/size]

Don't be sorry! I knew what you were doing and it made me smile.

But, as simple-minded as his wording was...........Trump was right about it being more difficult for islands to receive outside help after a natural disaster than it is for locales that have multiple routes and nearby sources from which to receive aid and supplies.

I read that Trump issued a temporary waiver on the Jones Act today (it places restrictions on shipments into PR). That's good. I know that doesn't help get supplies to individual and hospitals until roads are cleared and drivers are secured. But, it can't hurt to have as large a supply of essential non-perishable supplies on deck as possible; ready to be immediately delivered once those logistics get worked out. The people of Puerto Rico are gonna need them sooner than later.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - by HairOfTheDog - 09-28-2017, 07:19 PM