Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU!
I wonder if all those who vow to stop doing business or flat out leave Indiana will do the same in the other 19 states with RFRA.

My guess is no.

This is all just a tempest in a teapot in my opinion. There is zero evidence that these laws have ever legally allowed any business to discriminate against anyone, which is the concern of those who oppose them. It seems to me that if over the past 20 years it hasn't happened, it's certainly not going to start now. In addition, these laws do not supersede existing anti-discrimination laws... so a business caught discriminating still has to face legal consequences.

Personally, i think these laws are crap and pointless. They do nothing to really protect anyone, they only serve to divide us even more, and give rabble rousers something to rouse about.

Besides, with social and modern media the way it is today, anyone who runs their business like a bigot, homophobe, or racist does it at their own peril. When these stories hit the media, not long after the business closes.

Free markets are pretty efficient at solving these problems, not government.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BY GOD, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU! - by Jimbone - 03-30-2015, 01:07 PM