Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The U.S. is the most respected country in the world.
(01-21-2018, 07:26 PM)Maggot Wrote: Yeah, probably the same ones that came out with the Presidential election polls. hah

While that is a true knee-slapper Mags..............obviously surveying citizens from G8 countries regarding their perceptions of all countries across the globe has nothing to do with polling US voters and forecasting the results of an internal election.

Anyway, your comment and MS's comment do lend credence to the survey's finding that Americans view the United States' global reputation far more favorably than the rest of the world views our reputation.

Crash, CN, Aussie, Mo, ESAD, Paulistano and other posters outside the US have pointed that out in various manners over the years. And, it's self-evident if you read or watch world news and commentary. So, it's not surprising to me that the disparity exists and has only widened in the US's current political and cultural climate.

Note: I was wrong in my post above about the United States being number one in the self-love disparity category, I read that incorrectly -- Russia is actually number one now and the US is number two.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The U.S. is the most respected country in the world. - by HairOfTheDog - 01-21-2018, 08:34 PM