Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2 YR OLD DEORR KUNZ JR, MISSING FROM IDAHO CAMPGROUND
(07-16-2015, 12:00 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It could be the parents.

One thing that came up in an interview with the dad in this case bothered me a little. After Deorr was reported missing, a clerk at the store near the campsite called police and told them that she saw a man with a filthy, bawling blond boy who came to the store in a black truck that day and got candy for the boy.

The dad, Deorr Kunz Sr., told a reporter that it was him and Deorr Jr., but that they'd gone to the store hours before the boy went missing and the clerk was way off on the timing.

Another thing that's a little odd is that on the 911 call, the boy's mom Jessica Mitchell said that she, her husband, and her grandfather (who the parents say they presumed was watching Deorr Jr. while they went to check out the creek for about 10 minutes, only about 50 yards away) searched for Deorr for about an hour before calling 911. In an interview, the parents indicated they'd searched for about 20 minutes before making that call.

I am thinking the discrepancy in time is from when anyone last saw the little guy to when 911 was called. It had been about an hour. Not a big a aha gotcha moment ...

I haven't read the comment from the store clerk, but I have seen lots of family photos where Deorr is crying. And everyone else is smiling for the camera. The mom has a couple of older kids from a different man.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 YR OLD DEORR KUNZ JR, MISSING FROM IDAHO CAMPGROUND - by Adub - 07-16-2015, 09:12 PM