Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TERRORIST ATTACKS: PARIS, MALI, AND MORE
I'm not assuming ordinary Syrian citizens willingly let their towns be overrun.

They've got several well funded/equipped terror groups, ISIL, the rebel army, and the Syrian governmental military all at odds with each other. I'm not sure Syrian civilians had a real chance of standing their ground and holding on to their towns under the circumstances, even if they'd had individual rights to bear firearms (which might have helped, at least for a while).

Still, more than 60,000 Syrian civilians have died trying to fight back or just survive. They've been killed by gunfire, mortar, Syrian airstrikes, non-Syrian airstrikes, chemical weapons, knife attacks, fire, starvation, etc... Faced with all that, I can understand why so many Syrians decided the best option was to get their families the hell out of town or out of the country.

I expect a major on-going assault on ISIL and terrorist groups in Syria is about to be launched by the multi-national coalition. It's hard to imagine that there would be significant push back against such action by the citizens of the various participating countries at this point.

I wonder who'll be ruling Syria a year from now and how many refugees will return.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PARIS HIT BY COORDINATED TERRORIST ATTACKS - by HairOfTheDog - 11-16-2015, 02:31 PM