Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Making a Murderer -- DID STEVEN AVERY REALLY KILL TERESA HALBACH?
(01-13-2016, 12:43 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Reality rarely matches up with CSI and Criminal Minds. And, in this case, the Avery clan have themselves accused and implicated each other.

Having followed crime stories for a long time, I know that people who don't leave all types of physical evidence at crime scenes are often times what you refer to as 'morons'. A lot of criminals are convicted on strong circumstantial evidence or validated confessions, without having left physical evidence.

Gary Ridgway, the Green River Killer, IQ = 82. He killed at least 49 women over a 20 year period. During that time, he was married to a woman who had no clue. He worked a full-time job and was reliable and well-regarded. There was a large and committed LE task force poring over all of the crime scenes and evidence working in attempt to identify and catch the serial killer.

When Ridgway was finally caught, some people had a very hard time believing that such a simple-minded and seemingly nice man had been able to kill so many women, dump all the bodies without detection, and carry on a normal life without detection. But, he did, and he confessed in great detail.

It's also true that unsophisticated and unintelligent people (along with all other types) sometimes get wrongly convicted by unethical, corrupt and/or misleading cops and prosecutors. It happens, no doubt.

I don't know which of the two scenarios fits the Steven Avery case. Neither one is a stretch of the imagination for me (aside from the theory that the local LE killed an innocent woman themselves in order to frame Avery and avoid a pay out).
Yeah, you should actually watch the doc before commenting further. hah

Brendon: Yeah?
Mom: Yeah?
Brendon: I don't wanna miss the WWE match over this.
Mom: Why did you tell them all that then?
Brendon: I just guessed like I do in school. I don't know all that stuff. I just guessed what they told me.

Cop: What did you do to her head? Something happened to her head. I need you to tell me what you did.
Brendon: Cut her hair?
Cop: Okay and what else did you do to her head. Something happened to her head. What did you do?
Brendon: Hit her?
Cop: Okay, I'm just going to say that we know you shot her in the head. Did you shoot her in the head?

Mom: Yeah?
Brendon: The man said my story sounds fabricated. What zat mean?
Mom: I don't know?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making a Murderer - by Blindgreed1 - 12-31-2015, 11:13 AM
RE: Making a Murderer - by QueenBee - 12-31-2015, 11:29 AM
RE: Making a Murderer - by ScientistsCanvas - 01-06-2016, 04:51 PM
RE: Making a Murderer - by Midwest Spy - 01-06-2016, 07:13 PM
RE: Making a Murderer - by Donovan - 01-06-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: Making a Murderer - by HairOfTheDog - 01-09-2016, 01:23 PM
RE: Making a Murderer - by HairOfTheDog - 01-09-2016, 01:23 PM
RE: Making a Murderer -- DID STEVEN AVERY REALLY KILL TERESA HALSBACH? - by Blindgreed1 - 01-13-2016, 01:02 PM
Steven Avery Netflix series - by Pokemon999 - 08-23-2016, 09:32 AM