Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cliven Bundy vs. Government land management
(01-20-2016, 03:03 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I understand the views you've expressed Maggot.

If LEOs shoot and kill a lone non-criminal kid in a city park, because those LEOs didn't approach the scene correctly nor leave time to assess the situation, it's the kid's fault or his parents' fault. It's wrong to question those law enforcement officers' actions because they had no way of knowing that the city kid wasn't a criminal in possession of a real gun who might threaten their lives.

BUT, if a gang of rural anti-government criminals point loaded firearms at law enforcement officers and threaten to kill the LEOs if they try to do their jobs, meh. It's the right thing for the LEOs to assess and stand back, and no big deal if LE doesn't aggressively pursue those criminal jokesters after-the-fact.

Neither the kid nor the clowns nor the 'terrible boom stick' scare me, personally. We just see things very differently.

No you do not. A child getting shot in a park is much more different than people taking over a government outpost.
A bunch of gangbangers shooting a child in an apartment is not the same either. both use guns only one has shot the gun.
You understand your own understanding correct or not.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cliven Bundy vs. Government land management - by Maggot - 01-20-2016, 03:15 PM