Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cliven Bundy vs. Government land management
The situation has been dealt with by local, state, and federal law enforcement completely opposite from how they dealt with WACO. LE in Oregon is standing all the way back, instead of surrounding and attempting to drive out by force the armed occupants as they did in Texas.

Except for the possibility of it ending with extremist and/or LEO deaths, which is what LE is trying to avoid, the occupation at the Oregon wildlife center has very little in common with the WACO situation.

Anyway, I'm glad authorities learned from the WACO outcome and have changed tactics when dealing with groups of armed extremists. If they say they're willing to kill or die rather than surrender, it should not be taken lightly. The hands-off approach by LE hasn't ended the occupation, but it has taken power away from the extremists and allowed them to show the public who they really are, to their detriment. That's been very effective for LE.

As a result, LE is now being asked and even demanded by the public to take action. In my opinion, LE has secured the green light to start moving to the right in their tactics in order to end the occupation, without later being accused of rushing in like a military force and acting too aggressively.

If the occupiers have gone so low as to bring children to the site, I think they'll be held in even lower regard by the local and general public, but they will probably have succeeded in limiting LE strategies to end the occupation. I hope the occupiers haven't pulled that ultimate pussy move, but it won't surprise me if they have.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cliven Bundy vs. Government land management - by HairOfTheDog - 01-22-2016, 09:05 AM