Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Donald's diggs could get out of hand . . . . . . .
(11-26-2016, 08:36 PM)Carsman Wrote: I'm sure you have seen the vote "Re-count" initiation that has been started, things are/can be subject to change, stay tuned America. hah

I didn't tune into much news in the days surrounding Thanksgiving, but have read that a Wisconsin recount will be conducted, as petitioned by Green Party candidate Jill Stein who raised enough individual voter donations to fund it.

My understanding is that Stein is pushing for recounts in Pennsylvania and Michigan as well, and she's raised over $6 million to fund the efforts.

The White House has issued a statement that it has found no evidence of Russia hacking electronic voter booths (though there is evidence of Russia trying to influence the elections with fake news reports and hacking of the DNC).

The Clinton campaign has said basically the same, but agreed to have lawyers present at the official recount in case any court cases result from it.

And, Trump has gone off the Twitter rails about it. When Trump was expected to lose, he wouldn't commit to conceding the election unless he won. When the WI recount requirements were met, he tweeted that it was a financial scam by Jill Stein. Then, when Clinton's campaign accepted the invitation to attend the recount, Trump accused Clinton of being a hypocrite and worse. Next, he tweeted that there were millions of illegal votes, with no basis or evidence to support that allegation, and claimed he'd have won the popular vote were it not for those allegedly fraudulent votes.

It's difficult for me to understand how anyone puts faith in anything Trump says or takes him seriously. He's frequently all over the map in a very public, petty and unprofessional way. If he actually thinks there was massive voter fraud, all the more reason to support recounts if he really wants to be the 'law and order' president.

Anyway, I don't think the recounts will do anything but confirm Trump's win and wish he would just go about his transition business like a serious leader and stop spreading misinformation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Donald's diggs could get out of hand . . . . . . . - by HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2016, 04:17 PM