Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
"I THINK I DID IT" -- MURDER OF LAUREN PHELPS, NC
We've heard murders blamed on Twinkies, anti-depressants, booze, sleep-walking, and medical marijuana. But I don't think I've ever heard the 'cough medicine defense' before now.

[Image: 43E54D9200000578-4850804-image-a-17_1504526810538.jpg]

Matthew Phelps of Raleigh was charged with murder Friday after he made an emergency call. When police responded, authorities say his 29-year-old Sunday school teacher wife Lauren Ashley-Nicole Phelps was dead from stab wounds. RIP.

In the 911 call, Phelps -- a lawn worker and aspiring pastor who graduated from Creek Baptist Bible College in Kentucky -- told the operator he took more cold medicine then he should have and woke up after his dream with blood all over him and a knife on the bed he shared with his wife of one year.

Matthew Phelps is heard on the call saying, "I think I killed my…." When a dispatcher asks him what happened, he says, "I had a dream, and then I turned on the lights and she's dead on the floor."

"I have blood all over me and there's a bloody knife on the bed and I think I did it." Toward the end of the seven-minute 911 call, Matthew Phelps started sobbing, saying his wife didn't deserve this.

Messages In This Thread
"I THINK I DID IT" -- MURDER OF LAUREN PHELPS, NC - by HairOfTheDog - 09-04-2017, 10:47 PM