Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
Early July 2016

Carter Page mentioned in an email to Corey Lewandowski, Hope Hicks and J.D. Gordon that he received an invitation to speak at the New Economic School. Page’s email states “Please let me know if you have any reservations or thoughts on how you’d prefer me to focus these remarks.”

July 8, 2016

Carter Page gives commencement speech at New Economic School in Moscow. Page says he met Arkadiy Dvorkovich, a senior Russian government official. Page “greeted him briefly as he was walking off the stage” after his speech. Page communicates back to the campaign about his trip, including an email to campaign colleagues Tera Dahl and J.D. Gordon: “On a related front, I’ll send you guys a readout soon regarding some incredible insights and outreach I’ve received from a few Russian legislators and senior members of the Presidential administration here."

July 14, 2016

George Papadopoulos emailed the Russian foreign ministry connection and proposed “a meeting for August or September in the UK (London) with me and my national chairman, and maybe one other foreign policy adviser and you, members of President Putin’s office and the MFA to hold a day of consultations and to meet one another. It has been approved from our side,” according to federal court records associated with his guilty plea.

July 15, 2016

George Papadopoulos sent a private Facebook message to a Facebook account identified with Russian ministry of foreign affairs connection, stating: “We can chat on this, this weekend if you can’t tonight,” according to court records. The Russian connection messaged back, via Facebook, a “thumbs up."

July 18-21, 2016

While attending events coinciding with the Republican convention in Cleveland, Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak spoke with then-Senator Jeff Sessions, who was chairman of the Trump campaign's national security advisory committee, along with committee member Carter Page and J.D. Gordon, who managed the committee as the campaign's director of national security.

July 19, 2016

Trump officially becomes the GOP presidential nominee at the Republican National Convention.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION -- THE INVESTIGATION - by HairOfTheDog - 12-03-2017, 10:19 AM