Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
25 reasons why the left hates Trump
(06-23-2018, 07:47 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(06-22-2018, 10:54 PM)sally Wrote: He made tariffs on aluminum and steel that won't do anything but put American businesses out of business because they can't pass the price down to consumers.

I did not like the tariffs on metal, I thought it was bad and still do but.........
I buy over 100,000 lbs of steel maybe 2 tons of alum and 10,000 lbs of stainless each month. I get newsletters from Bethlehem steel, American steel, Northstar, Edgerton, Majestic and a few other distributors and producers. They say that because of the tariffs they are expanding their production and adding expanded facilities to get American steel lower again it may not happen overnight and may take 6 months or more to get production going 25% more with more to come in the future. Reliance on foreign steel did not happen overnight and will not be fixed overnight.

Steel was being bought at 47 cents per lbs last year, this year it's up to 66 cents per lbs. But it is stabilizing. I know tariffs do not affect business as much as it hurts consumers that's one reason why I didn't like them. But...........

Next year as American steel producers expand operations steel prices will go down to be more competitive. It does take time though. None of my customers liked paying 25% more for their material but they still pay it.

Move over Corvette, sounds like many other car companies may be making their cars with more fiberglass parts to keep costs down! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Messages In This Thread
25 reasons why the left hates Trump - by Maggot - 06-21-2018, 11:19 AM
RE: 25 reasons why the left hates Trump - by Carsman - 06-23-2018, 08:25 PM