Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S.
Trump says the Democrats wanted this caravan and suggested they even paid Honduran migrants to make the long dangerous trek just before midterms.

I think that's total bullshit rhetoric and he knows it, but it riles up his base. No Democratic strategist or candidate wants a major controversial event with an unpredictable response/outcome just before an election. I'd be highly surprised if the Democrats see the caravan coming now as an advantage.

Anyway, as for what should be done with the migrants...............they should be interviewed and go through the established process, same as always. It's good that Mexico is advising and informing them of the challenges they face before they reach the U.S. this time.

I wish the U.S. would commit to working and negotiating more with the governments of Honduras, Nicaragua, Guatemala, and El Salvador to improve conditions and economic opportunities for the people there. That's the best strategy to address future mass migration from nearby countries, in my view.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - by HairOfTheDog - 10-19-2018, 02:09 PM