Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S.
(10-19-2018, 11:54 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 11:08 AM)Maggot Wrote: This seems to be happening more often so, how can it be stopped?

Do you understand that the people you are referring to are trying to get to America in order to save themselves and their loved ones? Do you really believe that they would risk their life and their children's lives to come here so they can take advantage of America? They risk everything to come here because they have hope and they want a chance to live in a safe place. What do you think they are going to take from you or your family? If I had a way to help them, I would. I'd give them a safe place to live and a job so they could feel productive and support their families.

How many of the people are running in fear and trying to "save themselves" and how many are thinking "I can earn x times more in US than I can here and Hell even if I don't get a job, they will look after me."? How many of the "economic migrants will be pretending they are refugees running from danger? How many are criminals? Ms-13 and human/drug/child traffickers? How many going over with children are actually related to the children they are with?

Do you know the answers to ANY of these questions?

Do you have the slightest understanding of how prevalent any of these things are?

Are you interested in finding out?

(10-19-2018, 02:09 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Trump says the Democrats wanted this caravan and suggested they even paid Honduran migrants to make the long dangerous trek just before midterms.

I think that's total bullshit rhetoric and he knows it, but it riles up his base. No Democratic strategist or candidate wants a major controversial event with an unpredictable response/outcome just before an election. I'd be highly surprised if the Democrats see the caravan coming now as an advantage.

Anyway, as for what should be done with the migrants...............they should be interviewed and go through the established process, same as always. It's good that Mexico is advising and informing them of the challenges they face before they reach the U.S. this time.

I wish the U.S. would commit to working and negotiating more with the governments of Honduras, Nicaragua, Guatemala, and El Salvador to improve conditions and economic opportunities for the people there. That's the best strategy to address future mass migration from nearby countries, in my view.

"I think that's total bullshit rhetoric and he knows it, but it riles up his base."

You realise that this makes fuck all sense, don't you Snowflake?
You THINK Trump thinks X BECAUSE YOU think X then Trump Knows X and does it because Y
Your brain does not work. Too much Progressive wrongthink.

Why do you imagine America should take economic responsibility for those South American countries? Don't THEY have responsibility to look after their own people? Wouldn't it be insulting to suggest that America has to do so? Isn't it entirely the onus of a country to look after its country's people and finances? Should America outsource their responsibilities to their people to other countries? What about some foreign country take responsibility for their resources, finances, housing, food, military, people? No?

(10-20-2018, 11:37 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 11:29 AM)Maggot Wrote: I have no problem with them coming here, get a passport and C'mon down, get a visa and enter and sign in. Whats wrong with that? What is wrong with going the legal route? I really want to know.

How does one go about doing that when running for their life? Serious question.

Which ones EXACTLY are "running for their lives"? Any? All? Some? How many?

I really have no issue with a struggling family who is running from violence and crime and is not wanting to be part of that world and is wanting to integrate and become the most productive member of their host country to claim refugee status. But I would not make broad claims that these people in the caravan were doing that. I have no idea how many are doing so. I have not a list of intentions or reasons or affiliation. Some will be good and some will be bad. Some will be bludgers and some will be model citizens but to pretend that they all are generally the same victims is frankly complete bullshit. Nice talking point but bullshit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - by Fry Guy - 10-22-2018, 07:18 AM