Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question about people and relationships.
When I am in a relationship I generally accept the person for who they are. I remember meeting someone's mom and she was overly excited about our relationship, hoping it would turn to marriage and said something like, "Well you can change him when you get married"

I was mortified. I wouldn't know the first thing about trying to change someone. Usually anyone I was in a relationship with told me they appreciated that I accepted them for who they are and that I didn't try to change them.

That is all fine and dandy.

So.....I actually have 3 boyfriends who changed for the women they dated after me. And not just physical appearances either-what is up with that?
Like one person didn't believe in working for others and accepted "being poor" and then all the sudden they are working and in school etc etc
One guy didn't want to have kids ever again and is now adopting and seems to be over his hang ups about his mom and anything else he was hung up about.

WTF. I honestly don't think I am going to see myself trying to "change" someone-but do people just change for someone and why? Am I supposed to find someone and change them?!

Messages In This Thread
A question about people and relationships. - by MirahM - 01-05-2019, 02:56 AM