Fucking mundane housework sucks
OK Update on the floor fiasco.

We worked together. Managed to try this method on only 6 tiles and this shit does NOT work. It does not even soften the built up crap.

I did this kitchen in 05 and only used the Future shit 3 friggin' times and it yellowed. So I stopped using it.

Anyway, after two hours of scrubbing according to directions, our lungs were burned, eyes on fire, and we were wearing masks. The product didn't soften at all to be removed and they say it should take up to 6 layers off.

we gave up after those 6 tiles. I called them and complained again. I told them I can see if it's going to take some effort if the stuff was actually going to come up but it does not even begin to work!

So I after going round and round explaining to her over and over again that, "Yes I followed the directions. Yes, I soaked the floor. Yes I used a nylon scrub brush." I said that they really should check the back of the bottle because it says, "To remove waxy buildup from OTHER products." OTHER PRODUCTS being the clue that it really won't work with YOUR nasty product.

She then goes on some long song and dance telling me that they tested the product to remove, blah blah blah whereby I proceeded to ask her if they used a machine to remove this crud or a human being scrubbing on her hands and knees?

She had nothing but silence for me on that.

Then she offered to send me $40 to have someone professionally come in and remove it. I told her that won't even get me an estimate in this part of the country. Why should I pay for someone to remove what their product damaged?

So I also then told her my kitchen is small and anyone coming in with a big machine will not do much more than destroy my cabinets and appliances so that was out of the question.

I then told her it actually would be cheaper and easier to get a new floor put in. I asked for $1000 for a new floor. They are sending me an application to be reimbursed for a new floor. they're getting off cheap at a grand.

Here's my kitchen before and after pics. You can see why I'm so upset my new kitchen floor looks like crap. and the other pic is one of the nasty funk that is on all the white tiles on my floor now.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by The Antagonist - 11-15-2008, 01:57 PM
[No subject] - by LuMPyPussy - 11-15-2008, 02:34 PM
[No subject] - by The Antagonist - 11-15-2008, 02:46 PM
[No subject] - by The Antagonist - 11-21-2008, 01:58 PM