Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I am being driven mad by people who can't spell
even journalists! all over the internet! the reader comments are pitiful and pathetic enough, but professionals? alleged wordsmiths? i just read a column in a major newspaper Compcoff about paris hilton's "VILE" of blow. er...that would be VIAL.
(yes i know, i often don't capitalize. that is intentional, a little quirk Smiley_emoticons_biggrin).
did these people go to college to be deemed 'journalists' ? did they go to third grade?
i've heard all the sorry-ass lame excuses. but the people who loudly proclaim they don't care will be judged on job applications, resumes and/or professional work/reports.
i have stirred up defensive hornets nests with spelling threads before, may as well do it again. there is no excuse in the age of spellcheckers.
and don't get me started on their, there, and they're. or your and you're. or to and too. or loose and lose. no apostrophe needed when making a word plural...it's (it is) books, not book's. ad infinitum. 106
oh, and.. one adult human female is a womAn, not a womEn. geeze.

(my rant is not about typos.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
I am being driven mad by people who can't spell - by Lady Cop - 08-31-2010, 02:48 AM