Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Kathryn Filiberti - Murdered
This happened a little while ago, I was also surprised Mockers didn't jump on this one!! The Poughkeepsie Jornal has been covering this case A LOT and there are HUNDREDS of comments (that POJO keeps removing once they catch them) regarding speculation of who commited the murder.

HYDE PARK – Police have released the identity of the woman who was found murdered in Hyde Park on Saturday. The body of Kathryn Filiberti, 18, of Hyde Park, was discovered just after noon on Saturday in the Greentree Drive area of the town.

Town Police Chief Charles Broe said they are looking to speak with anyone who may have been on Route 9G between Green Bush Drive south of West Dorsey Lane and Greentree Drive between late Friday evening and early Saturday morning.

“We are looking at this case from a number of angles right now, both from an investigative standpoint, from a technology standpoint, from an evidence gathering standpoint,” Broe said. “We have a large number of personnel from Hyde Park and even more from the sheriff’s office as well as the other agencies that have contributed manpower and different types of equipment.”

Anyone in that area during those times and may have seen anything suspicious is asked to call the police. Hyde Park Police may be reached at 845-229-9340; the Tip line is 845-229-7788. The Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office is at 845-486-3800.

All information provided by callers will be kept strictly confidential

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/2011/M...Mar11.html

---

HYDE PARK — Ground searches, evidence collection, background checks, interviews, social media searches.

Town Police Chief Charles Broe Sr. said the "very active" investigation into the slaying of 18-year-old Kathryn Filiberti continued to move forward as dawn breaks on day five of the search for her killer.
On Tuesday, searches were conducted along Route 9G, and officials said they were awaiting more information from the autopsy.
Meanwhile, a Hyde Park man who identified himself as Filiberti's boyfriend pushed for resolution to the case.
"I do believe (police) are trying, but I think they could try harder. I just really want to find" her killer, Mike Delarm said. The 19-year-old Hyde Park resident said he had been dating Filiberti.
Delarm told the Journal on Tuesday that he was the last one to see her alive at a party at a friend's house off Route 9G.
Filiberti's best friend, Lindsay McGarril, 18, regrets not being able to be with Filiberti the last moments she was seen alive. She said she was supposed to be at the party, but didn't have a ride.
"If I was there she wouldn't be dead," McGarril said.
She described Delarm as her best friend's "on-again, off-again" boyfriend.
Sobbing, Delarm described Filiberti as " the ideal girlfriend" who loved to watch the CBS show "Two and a Half Men" with him.
"She was the most unselfish person you can ever imagine. She was perfect," he said.
They met in French class at Franklin D. Roosevelt High School and Delarm flirted with her for a whole year before she agreed to date him, he said.
Friends have described Filiberti, a 2010 FDR High graduate who was enrolled at Dutchess Community College, as a well-liked athlete — beautiful inside and out.
Delarm admitted he wasn't the "greatest guy in the world" but she loved him anyway.
Broe continued to stress he could not comment on "anything that would jeopardize the progress of the investigation."
About the pending autopsy results, Dr. Kari Reiber, the chief medical examiner for Dutchess County, said Tuesday, "There's quite a bit of information we don't have yet." A toxicology report could take four to six weeks.
(Page 2 of 2)
Broe said police have received a number of tips they are following. He wouldn't comment on the condition of the body when it was found just after noon Saturday off Greentree Drive or whether DNA was found at the scene.
Broe disputed television news reports regarding details of the victim's wounds.
"I would hope that people would be patient and let police agencies involved do what they have to do," he said. "I sympathize with the anxiety that people are feeling. Go about your daily routines. That's all I can say."
Delarm said he was with Filiberti at the party, about five miles away from where her body was found Saturday.
He said she was upset because someone she didn't like was also at the party. They argued and she walked away from him, he thought to go cool off, he said.
"I could have stopped her from leaving," he said.
Delarm was charged with second-degree gang assault by Town of Poughkeepsie Police in a Jan. 23, 2010, incident at the McDonald's across from Marist College. The status of the case was not known late Tuesday.
Broe said police have received a number of tips they are following. He wouldn't comment on the condition of the body when it was found just after noon Saturday off Greentree Drive or whether DNA was found at the scene.
Broe disputed television news reports regarding details of the victim's wounds.
"I would hope that people would be patient and let police agencies involved do what they have to do," he said. "I sympathize with the anxiety that people are feeling. Go about your daily routines. That's all I can say."
Delarm said he was with Filiberti at the party, about five miles away from where her body was found Saturday.
He said she was upset because someone she didn't like was also at the party. They argued and she walked away from him, he thought to go cool off, he said.
"I could have stopped her from leaving," he said.
Delarm was charged with second-degree gang assault by Town of Poughkeepsie Police in a Jan. 23, 2010, incident at the McDonald's across from Marist College. The status of the case was not known late Tuesday.
Anyone with information about Filiberti may call town police at 845-229-9340 or the Dutchess County Sheriff's Office at 845-486-3800

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/artic...nav%7Chead

---

Messages In This Thread
Kathryn Filiberti - Murdered - by barbiexo - 04-06-2011, 11:58 AM
RE: Kathryn Filiberti - Murdered - by barbiexo - 10-03-2011, 01:28 PM
RE: Kathryn Filiberti - Murdered - by Lady Cop - 10-03-2011, 01:30 PM
RE: Kathryn Filiberti - Murdered - by Mickeymouse - 10-03-2011, 07:26 PM