Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anthony Sowell (Serial Killer) Trial
I've been waiting for this trial....

Sowell jury tours home on Imperial Avenue to see layout and significant scenes (with video)
Published: Monday, June 27, 2011, 1:05 PM
Updated: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 12:01 AM

By Leila Atassi, The Plain Dealer

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Jurors suited up in rubber gloves, medical masks and paper booties this morning for their guided tour of Anthony Sowell’s Imperial Avenue duplex, where prosecutors say 11 women met violent ends and where their bodies were discovered in the fall of 2009.

Twelve jurors and four alternates toured the house in groups of four, entering through a back door and working their way methodically through the home’s basement and three floors.

Opening statements presented in Sowell trial
6:56 PM, Jun 27, 2011
Written by: Dick Russ

CLEVELAND -- Prosecutors presented their opening arguments in the serial killing trial of Anthony Sowell, telling jurors it is a "case they will never forget," one that "will be burned into their memories forever."

Assistant Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Rick Bombik continued his presentation by saying jurors would be taken on a "disturbing journey," where the unspeakable will have to be spoken of.

Bombik began his outline of the prosecution's case at about 2 p.m., around 3 hours after the jury returned to the courtroom after getting a tour of Sowell's house on Imperial Avenue.

He listed all the victims Sowell is charged with killing, along with the three women who escaped and lived to testify against him. As Bombik talked of the victims, he used a video monitor to show members of the jury photos of the victims.

this is a pretty good resource from the plain dealer (CLE's big newspaper):

Anthony Sowell on trial: Index of Plain Dealer coverage
By: The Plain Dealer Staff

I almost thought the day wouldn't come when this piece of shit would have to stand trial after it had been delayed multiple times...

I know it made national news back in October '09 right when the bodies were discovered but I don't know exactly how much coverage it's gotten.

It'd be refreshing to hear what non-ohioans have to say about the case, I doubt location will have any impact on your thoughts but here, in cleveland especially, we've been hearing about it for quite some time..

Messages In This Thread
Anthony Sowell (Serial Killer) Trial - by koko - 06-28-2011, 01:01 AM
Case turned over to the jury - by koko - 07-20-2011, 07:33 PM
CONVICTED - by koko - 07-22-2011, 04:24 PM
CONVICTED - by koko - 07-22-2011, 04:36 PM
impact statements - by koko - 08-13-2011, 01:05 AM