Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pamela Prpich, 32, Mich - Remains found in Suitcase
Another missing woman found dismembered. So sad, her brother opened a suitcase to find her torso inside. I hope this one gets solved quickly.

Woman's Remains Found in Suitcase in Gibraltar Creek
Updated: Friday, 19 Aug 2011, 7:33 PM EDT

By myFOXDetroit.com Staff

GIBRALTAR, Mich. (WJBK) - The story began with a report of a missing woman. Thursday afternoon, her brother made a grim discovery -- the torso of a woman stuffed into a suitcase.

Michael Prpich, the brother of that missing Gibraltar woman now presumed dead, stood over the creek Friday where he found the suitcase.

"We just were dreading this day because when we didn't hear from her for that long, you can't help but think the worst, and it ends up being worse than I could even imagine," he said.

The family of 32-year-old Pamela Prpich had not heard from her since last Friday and reported her missing Monday.

Thursday afternoon, her brother was looking for traces of his sister along the banks of the creek near her condominium complex. He saw a canoeist and asked him to help look for anything unusual.

"The guy in the canoe pointed to a suitcase," Prpich said. "Didn't think anything of it, just thought it was some trash in the creek, but then he said there was some flip flops and whatnot … just other items," Prpich said.

His mother identified the items as belonging to his sister and he returned to get the suitcase.

"Grabbed it out of the creek, dragged it to shore and just opened it," Prpich told FOX 2's Bill Gallagher. "You always hear about it, but you never think it's going to happen to you."

The discovery of the remains chills neighbors.

"Very, very sad situation to see somebody mutilated like this," said Harold Popp. "I'm hoping that they get to the bottom of it quickly."

Police have interviewed a former boyfriend of Pamela Prpich, who lives at the complex.

"We spoke to some people of interest," said Gibraltar Police Chief Ray Canterbury. "They were at our station last night, but they're no longer there."

A U.S. Border Patrol helicopter along with tracking dogs and a dive team aided in the quest for more evidence.

"We're still searching for some more of the remains," Canterbury said.

"I just hope that nothing like this ever happens to anyone else out there," said Prpich.

Police are awaiting the results of DNA testing before making a positive identification, but the father of the missing woman is convinced the remains are those of his daughter.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/loc...0110819-mr

Messages In This Thread
Pamela Prpich, 32, Mich - Remains found in Suitcase - by HairOfTheDog - 08-20-2011, 06:50 PM