Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Do you think campaigns and politics have...
I hadn't heard about the condom-throwing. Niiiice. I did hear the tail end of a story about a guy who went in to an Occupy camp and tried to take down a tent. There's a link below. I'd be pissed if I lived near what was a nice park that had been taken over by occupiers. It's fucking insane. What about his rights? What about the law?

As for what is wrong with the country...*throws hands in the air*. But I agree, we're completely polarized. I blame it mostly on special interest groups, lobbyists, money and a complete unwillingness to compromise. Maybe it will get better if we keep tossing politicians out and congressional approval ratings continue to slide. I'd like to see the country elect a true independent.

Ron Paul is probably the least beholden of any candidate and I really like that about him. But in large part because of that, he can't raise the same amount of money to buy all the t.v. ads yada yada to compete. Campaign finance reform. Everybody running can raise some reasonably capped amount and that's it. Politicians should be elected on their merit--not by who can bombard us with the most advertising and robo calls.

Story link:

http://dcist.com/2012/02/tent_of_dreams_...speaks.php
Commando Cunt Queen

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you think campaigns and politics have... - by username - 02-01-2012, 08:52 PM