Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Angela Allen, teens and internet predators
i think if i had a teen daughter i'd be a maniac about who she was communicating with online. and how could you really monitor all of it in social sites?
some of the kids we have seen murdered had facebook accts. and were well under the "required" age 13.

one tragic tale unfolding now~

[Image: AngelaAllen_0.jpg]

VAN BUREN, Ark. (KFSM) -- A level 3 sex offender from Sebastian County has been developed as a person of interest in the disappearance of a Van Buren girl.

Police arrested 36-year-old Lloyd Jones Thursday night. He is a suspect in the disappearance of 16-year-old Angela Allen. Jones is being held in police custody on an aggravated assault charge, according to police.

A joint news conference was held by the Van Buren Police Department, Crawford County Sheriff's Office, and Sebastian County Sheriff's Office Friday afternoon.

Allen has been missing since Feb. 10. Police say she left her grandmother's house to go for a walk around 7:30 p.m. that night and never returned.

Investigators believe Allen and Jones met on a social media site and arranged a meeting.

"They conversed back and forth," said Chief Kenneth Bell with the Van Buren Police Department. "He groomed her. They built a relationship. He picked her up."

The two had been communicating via text messages for several days, says Crawford County Sheriff Ron Brown.

Sebastian County Sheriff Bill Hollenbeck says information obtained from Jones has led them to begin searching the river and bottoms north of Lavaca. Jones is believed to live in that area.

Investigators believe Jones picked up the teenager that evening in his white pick-up truck. A family friend who lives by the teenager says she's seen the vehicle before.

Investigators are asking anyone who may have seen the two together to call the Van Buren Police Department at (479) 474-1234.

Sebastian County Sheriff Bill Hollenbeck says Jones was previously convicted of rape in Sebastian County.

[Image: 30488642_640X480.jpg]

[Image: 120215010954_angela_allen.jpg]

[Image: 120217063146_loyd_jones.jpg]

found buried 3 feet deep in a blue 50-gal. barrel. not positively IDed yet.

VAN BUREN, Ark. (KFSM) -- It's a waiting game for the family of a missing Van Buren teen after authorities find a body with clothes matching what the teen was last seen wearing.

Sebastian County deputies found human remains in a barrel on a property that belongs to the family of convicted rapist Lloyd Jones Friday night. Jones is being held in connection with the disappearance of 16-year-old Angela Allen of Van Buren.

"The days are long," says Allen's Aunt Mary Harrison, "The days are really long right now, so Tuesday I'm anxious, but I don't want to find out."

Investigators tell our affiliate KFSM that the autopsy to determine cause of death and identification will begin Tuesday. It's the same day convicted rapist Lloyd Jones is due in court.

http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/crim...l.hln.html

Messages In This Thread
Angela Allen, teens and internet predators - by Lady Cop - 02-20-2012, 10:10 PM