Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Three Teens Charged In Death Of Friend.
I don't like it when there are conflicts between State and Federal laws; messy. But, I understand that it sometimes works towards the benefit of society (in so much as it give extra prosecutorial options against bad guys/girls).

In this case, if the cabin guys' statements have been verified and the shooter was indeed only intending to fire "scare off" shots, I don't think the shooter will be charged with anything serious, if anything at all. He was legally able to carry that kind of gun in the state. Maybe a state charge of recklessness or something like that would be appropriate, but I doubt the Feds will end up charging him with illegal possession based on the Federal felon anti-carry law unless his story doesn't add up. I could be wrong.

As for Moody's thieving friends, I understand legally how they can be charged with her murder; it may be a winnable case, imo. However, I think they should be charged with the robbery-related crimes only. Just because they can be charged with her murder, doesn't mean that they should, imo. Unless there's more to this story that hasn't been released, they didn't intend for Moody to get killed or toss her out into the line of fire to save themselves or force her into joining them in the first place or anything like that. I think the murder charges against them are too much, based on what we know from the OP.

JMO...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Three Teens Charged In Death Of Friend. - by HairOfTheDog - 12-01-2012, 01:04 PM