Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GOD HELP THEM: FAITH HEALING AND CHILD DEATHS
(08-08-2018, 12:21 AM)Love Child Wrote: Didn't they ever hear the story of the drowning man who prayed to God for help? A person in a boat shows up and says, "Do you need help?" "No" says the man, "God will help me" and so on-like 4 boats and then the guy dies and he asks God, "God, why didn't you help me?" and God says, "I did. I sent 4 boats and you turned them all away"

I've never heard that before. It sums up well the gist of what I think when people insist some of human nature and capacity is God's way, but other aspects of human nature and capacity are not.  

If one believes that God is the almighty "Creator", then it follows that everything is God's deal (according to my logic).

Anyway, in my opinion, people who refuse to care properly for their children's health based on religious beliefs are just as negligent as those who endanger their children's lives by leaving loaded guns unsecured in the home based on their cultural/lifestyle beliefs.  Book them all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: GOD HELP THEM - by Duchess - 04-25-2013, 05:52 AM
RE: GOD HELP THEM - by username - 04-25-2013, 11:55 AM
RE: GOD HELP THEM - by Eat Shit And Die - 04-25-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: GOD HELP THEM: FAITH HEALING AND CHILD DEATHS - by HairOfTheDog - 08-08-2018, 01:00 PM