Tornadoes
I've only been half paying attention to all the news about the tornadoes but the fact that two schools were leveled and children are unaccounted for is sad.

Are you in an area prone to tornadoes? Ever had to go to your basement or take cover in a bathtub?
Commando Cunt Queen

I've been under many tornado warnings/watches but have never taken a direct hit *knocks wood*. One went within probably a mile of us & my entire body was vibrating with fear. Straight line winds are pretty fuckin' scary too.

Never taken cover in a basement or bathtub.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
My aunt lives in OK. She has no phone, cable, Internet. Her town wasn't hit directly though. The news coverage is devastating.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
1982 found me in my basement under my steps with 2 dogs riding out a severe storm that spawned a small low category tornado. When it was over I came outside and witnessed a path of trees that had been felled opening a clear view of a 5 story building on the local highway with its west facing side blown off. Evidence clearly showed this fucker passed right over my house.

Oklahoma daycare -

[Image: tornado-damage-550-1369086456.jpg]

[Image: cars-tornado-550-1369086455.jpg]

The older woman hid in her basement when a tornado went through yesterday. Poor old girl.

[Image: severe-weather-4.jpg]

Mom found her kid at the elementary school in the background.

[Image: article-2328000-19E6AAE1000005DC-429_964x752.jpg]

First responders at the school.

[Image: article-2328000-19E6B265000005DC-287_964x669.jpg]

[Image: article-2328000-19E6B0DD000005DC-267_964x704.jpg]

[Image: article-2328000-19E6B74E000005DC-750_964x699.jpg]
Enter the religious folks to really piss me off. One elderly man..."the Lord spared me and my wife".

The flip side..."the Lord meant for those schools to get leveled".

Commando Cunt Queen
I was visiting Indiana several years ago and there was a tornado watch. I was scared but in awe of the thunder, lightening and sky color. We don't get that type of weather here.

I lived in Virginia as a kid and I have a distinct memory of bringing patio furniture in and retreating to our basement. I also remember reports that the roof was torn off of a local shopping center. My mom doesn't recall it at all. I'm going to go online and see if I can find any news reports from that time.
Commando Cunt Queen
I can't even share my true feelings here but this horribly sad. :/ My heart is heavy for all the families affected by these tornados.
Those people had just 8-12 minutes warning of immediate danger. Ideally you'd think people were already hunkered down but apparently not since school was in session. Understandably, I guess life doesn't just stop when there's only a watch/warning.
Commando Cunt Queen
Fuckin aye!! I've wondered all these years if I was crazy or if there actually was a tornado that ripped off the roof of our local shopping center in Virginia. I found it! Neener-neener, Mom. It happened! Smiley_emoticons_slash I was just 4 or 5 years old at the time but I remembered!

A thunderstorm moving northeast near Manassas, Virginia spawned a tornado in Prince William County during the mid-afternoon of April 1. The twister skipped over a twenty-mile path to just north of Falls Church, Virginia. The first serious damage was noted south of Braddock Road at the Middle Ridge development, where a dozen homes were seriously damaged. The tornado then bounced back aloft before slamming into homes about a mile to the north, near the intersection of Braddock and Ox Roads. At least one house was lifted off its foundation and blown across Braddock Road.

The twister then hopped aloft again, next coming down about two miles to the northeast, near Little River Turnpike, where it did serious damage to the Pickett Shopping Center and Woodson High School.
Commando Cunt Queen
(05-20-2013, 08:05 PM)JsMom Wrote: I can't even share my true feelings here but this horribly sad. :/ My heart is heavy for all the families affected by these tornados.

Why can't you share your true feelings?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(05-20-2013, 08:49 PM)ramseycat Wrote:
(05-20-2013, 08:05 PM)JsMom Wrote: I can't even share my true feelings here but this horribly sad. :/ My heart is heavy for all the families affected by these tornados.

Saying she couldn't made for good drama.
Commando Cunt Queen
Fifty one confirmed dead so far. Seven of them are kids from the elementary school.
I would be running the fastest zig-zag pattern east of the Mississippi screaming my fool head off if a tornado was coming. I would probably be holding a cheeseburger for luck and only have one shoe on.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-20-2013, 08:13 PM)username Wrote: Those people had just 8-12 minutes warning of immediate danger. Ideally you'd think people were already hunkered down but apparently not since school was in session. Understandably, I guess life doesn't just stop when there's only a watch/warning.

The really sad part is that these were just little elementary students.

Here in the midwest, all schools take part in tornado drills, and I imagine in OKLA, TEX, MZ, KAN they conduct them very often.

To know that they were all doing the right thing, taking cover, and then to imagine being there as the walls all caved in on those kids is just heartbreaking.

I don't like it when my heart aches.
It's being reported that there are at least 20 - 30 more dead kids at the school. A local reporter is breaking this news right now. The 7 kids I mentioned before were found drowned in standing water at the school.

I'm watching that twat Pers.
Those poor kids. That is just so sad. I feel bad about my previous comment now.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-20-2013, 08:49 PM)ramseycat Wrote:

hah Well, because noone here gives a fuck.
Why does the so called “tornado alley” only seem to effect the poorest working class communties?

I mean seriously is that by some kind of sick design or what?

I don't hear many millionaires complaining about tornados.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I predict I will be spending time in the lunchroom or bathroom at work under a Tornado warning tomorrow.

I've been caught in 3 Tornados and have taken shelter in the basement too many times to remember in my life.

One story I have been told over the years...Apparently my parents started out in a trailer. I was a baby and was in my crib. My sister was doing whatever, but she had 4 pennies in her mouth. When the Tornado came through, the trailer blew over, she flew under my crib and swallowed all the pennies. That's obviously the nutshell version...lol.

I live in Tornado Alley. I don't think you can live anywhere and not be effected by some kind of weather. Blizzards, Hurricanes, Droughts, Floods. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.