Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
US agency (NSA) “collecting phone records“
(06-20-2013, 05:12 PM)username Wrote:
(06-20-2013, 03:58 PM)Donovan Wrote: What's really disturbing is how many of you are going all "hey I'll give up my personal freedoms so some distant sheep farmer won't attack me on Maple Street." As fucking if. Snitches get stitches right? Who cares if we are rapidly pissing away everything that made those other places jealous of us to start with? Jesus it's like explaining trigonometry to toddlers.

Unwarranted illegal spying on your own citizens as a "deterrent to unnamed possible activity" of a nebulous and vaguely defined enemy doesn't protect us from a threat. It IS the threat. The world will watch us implode and it will laugh like kids on a playground when the biggest bully does a face plant tripping on his shoelace.

They're not spying to catch good guys, Donovan. Did you hear about the supposed 50 plots that have been foiled by this program? Is it unreasonable search and seizure? Sure but I feel the same way when somebody wants to search my purse at a sporting event or something.

It would be fabulous if there weren't people out there wishing they could fly planes in to more of our tall buildings but there are. How would you propose the government try to protect its citizens from attacks of that nature?

Stop electing them?

The ends do not justify the means. There is every reason to suspect the official version of 9-11, and there is every reason to suspect a group of former leaders with plenty to hide of fabricating or exaggerating "foiled plots" they won't elaborate on. The promise only to use their illegal and illicit spying "for good" is essentially a pathological liar promising only to lie for noble reasons..

Messages In This Thread
RE: US agency “collecting phone records“ - by Donovan - 06-20-2013, 07:38 PM