Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
MISSING/FOUND DEAD: Baby Elaina - Toledo
NightOwl Offline
Mocker

RE: MISSING: Baby Elaina - Toledo

What a shame it is to hear this news. The center line in this picture taken from Wiki is the follicle.

[Image: 250px-Hair_follicle-en.svg.png]

From WTOL News Toledo Ohio
Lab results show no link between hair found in Maumee River and Elaina Steinfurth
Posted: Jul 26, 2013 4:39 PM EDT
Updated: Jul 26, 2013 8:34 PM EDT

By Nick Bade

TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -
Toledo Police say hair found in the Maumee River on June 29 does not have follicles, making it impossible to complete a DNA test on the hair.

Police tested the hair in early July and determined it was human. They then attempted to compare it to the DNA of missing east Toledo toddler Elaina Steinfurth.

The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation says because the hair lacks follicles, it will be extremely difficult to determine if it is from Elaina Steinfurth

"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
07-28-2013 04:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

NightOwl Offline
Mocker

Update - Steven King appeared in court Thursday morning in connection to the case of missing baby Elaina Steinfurth, a case prosecutors now call a homicide. Upon reading the article this seems to be a tactic they will try to use to get King to confess.

Taken from WNWO 8th August 2012.
also http://www.northwestohio.com

TOLEDO -- Steven King appeared in court Thursday morning in connection to the case of missing baby Elaina Steinfurth, a case prosecutors now call a homicide.

King, the ex-boyfriend of Elaina's mother Angela Steinfurth, was arraigned on a charge of obstruction of justice. He was indicted by a Lucas County Grand Jury last week.

WNWO spoke to Steven King's attorney, Peter Rost, who claims this charge is being used as a tactic for King to confess.

"There are no homicide charges pending against anyone at this point," Rost said.

On July 22, Toledo Police filed a complaint against King, allegeding he made numerous false statements to them. The complaint came after review of video and potential evidence collected during their investigation into Elaina's disappearance.

Angela Steinfurth has been in jail on an obstruction of charge and is scheduled to appear in court next on Aug. 14.

READ: Latest updates on #SearchForElaina

King and Steinfurth were the last people seen with the toddler.

In late June, a report surfaced that Angela Steinfurth confessed to a fellow Lucas County Jail inmate that she and King threw Elaina's body in the Maumee River. "She told me they wrapped her up in blanket and took her down by the High Level Bridge," said a relative of the inmate. "And, he (King) stood behind her and she [Angela] threw this baby in the river."

King's bond is set at $250,000 and he is scheduled to appear in court August 15 at 8:30 a.m.

Elaina's family hopes criminal charges waged against King and Steinfurth will reveal the missing baby's location.

"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
Henry David Thoreau
08-08-2013 05:02 PM

username Offline
Mod Lite

Thanks Nightowl. That's a shame about the hair. I didn't see your post until now.

So they're both being held for obstruction of justice. That's not enough (obviously). I wish they'd find that little girl's body although, if she's in the water, I don't know how long forensic evidence would last.

Sad, sad case.

Commando Cunt Queen
08-08-2013 05:20 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(08-08-2013 05:20 PM)username Wrote:  if she's in the water, I don't know how long forensic evidence would last.

In water, not long at all. It's my understanding that things begin to deteriorate at a rapid pace once submerged.

[Image: 8fcd317525.png]
08-09-2013 07:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Older Than Dirt Offline
Mocker

[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
09-05-2013 10:59 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Thanks for the update, OTD. Anxious to hear what comes from tomorrow's press conference.

I thought LE searched Steven King's home months ago? If so and those were Elaina's remains found in a box in his home today, it's puzzling that they weren't discovered by LE before (or disposed of by King before he was arrested for obstruction).

Hope we learn more details tomorrow.

09-05-2013 11:23 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Police were back near Steven King's house early this evening, reportedly in response to a fight that broke out related to the case.

The possible remains were found in the afternoon, within a computer box that was located in the detached garage of Steven King's home.

Sure sounds like King provided LE with the information after his obstruction hearing today. He was interviewed by investigators just before they executed a search warrant on his place.

IF these are indeed Elaina's remains, fully expecting to see King claim that Angela is responsible and he was covering for her, and Angela to claim that Steven is responsible and she was too afraid to tell.

Ref:
http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2...-case.html

09-06-2013 12:01 AM

Older Than Dirt Offline
Mocker

HOT, I can't imagine the baby being at that house all this time. If so, bad police work and a lot of time and $$$$$ wasted. This story is beyond my imagination. So very, very sad. I'll be watching the news conference !

[Image: Naughty_Grandma_by_Momma__G.gif]
09-06-2013 01:00 AM

NightOwl Offline
Mocker

Thanks! OlderThanDirt for the update on baby Elaina. What a terrible terrible story, this poor little baby possibly inside an empty box.

I would not rule out anything yet on how the box arrived in that garage and where did a computer box come from? the King house looked very shabby signs of impoverishment, I don't see how a box would hold up this length of time, a plastic tote would hold up, I'm thinking a box would deteriorate, then you would have a terribly foul odor that would linger and linger.

Taken from Northwestohio.com September 6th 2013.

TOLEDO -- The case of missing baby Elaina Steinfurth has taken another sad, and some would say unsurprising, turn as Toledo Police confirm the discovery of human remains near the home where the toddler was last seen.

Police addressed the media Friday morning, less than 24 hours after executing a search warrant at the east Toledo home of Steven King.

New information led them to execute a search warrant at the property Thursday afternoon. During that search, investigators were seen carrying a box out of a detached garage. On Friday, police confirmed the box contained "immature human skeletal remains."

Those remains, believed to be those of baby Elaina, have been turned over to the Lucas County Coroner's Office. "We've found what we believe may be baby Elaina," Toledo Police Chief Derrick Diggs said Friday.

Tests will be conducted through the weekend to confirm the identity of the remains.

READ: Latest updates on #SearchForElaina --- *Complete video from TPD press conference will be available soon.

Police admitted Friday that the garage had been searched a number of times prior to Thursday. "We didn't drop the ball," said Chief Diggs.

Investigators said the location was very tough to search. Cadaver dogs had been brought in prior to Thursday, but were not allowed to go in due to the condition of the property.

Chief Diggs reminded media Friday that the investigation is going and is still very active. "(There are) so many things we cannot discuss at this time."

WNWO will have more on this developing story on-air and online.

Henry David Thoreau
09-06-2013 03:41 PM

username Offline
Mod Lite

They could search the garage several times but they couldn't bring cadaver dogs with them? That makes no sense.

Commando Cunt Queen
09-06-2013 08:05 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(09-06-2013 01:00 AM)Older Than Dirt Wrote:  HOT, I can't imagine the baby being at that house all this time. If so, bad police work and a lot of time and $$$$$ wasted. This story is beyond my imagination. So very, very sad. I'll be watching the news conference !

It's very strange that the entire King residences (Julie King's and Steven King's) wouldn't have been searched 100%, no matter how much garbage they contained.

So, either the police dropped the ball or somebody put that box there later.

I don't understand why anyone involved in Elaina's death or in-the-know would put the body there (unless they were trying to set up Steven King, but I think King's knee-deep involved).

Elaina's father made a statement yesterday:
Elaina's Father, T.J. Steinfurth, said the details surrounding Thursday's discovery makes him 'Irate" but did not reveal what police said to him during a meeting this afternoon. "It's hard to be optimistic now," said Steinfurth.
Source: http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story....iprpD9Fa_E

Here's what Angela's stepfather said today about the discovery:
Angela Steinfurth's stepfather, Richard Schiewe, said the box was not in the garage the day after the little girl was reported missing. He said he went into the garage with police when they searched the building. "That body was not in the rafters," he said Friday. "Somebody went and got that body and put it in there."
Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/06...80482.html

At least little Elaina can be laid to rest once the DNA confirmation is complete. Hopefully, murder charges can then be filed against those responsible.

09-06-2013 08:07 PM

NightOwl Offline
Mocker

Found on Taylor Dungjen's Twitter she's Toledo Blade Crime Reporter.

Schiewe is a step grandfather to baby Elaina,

Here's a picture of Richard Schiewe's new tattoo. He had the portrait of Elaina done Wednesday.

[Image: BTfVIavCYAAXa0J.jpg]

Henry David Thoreau
09-07-2013 04:07 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

So, Schiewe got a tribute tattoo and Elaina's dad, TJ Steinfurth, released a tribute rap song to Elaina.

[Image: 1352207642_433460783378480_1773926328_n.jpg]

The song is titled, Everlasting Love. You can listen to it at the link:
http://www.reverbnation.com/quarter

About four hundred people marched from the area where Elaina was staying when she went missing. They marched to and around the Lucas County Courthouse where Elaina's mom and mom's ex-boyfriend are incarcerated (on obstruction charges, for now).

Terry Steinfurth, Sr. said he wanted to rock the jailhouse and send a message that he and others will fight for justice for Elaina. The result of DNA testing to confirm the identity of the remains recovered last week is expected shortly.

Steinfurth, Sr., Elaina's paternal grandfather, said the marchers accomplished their goal. The inmates were reportedly heard to be pounding on their cell walls from outside of the courthouse as the marchers chanted, "justice for Elaina".

Wonder if Angela Steinfurth has decided to "cooperate" now or if she's mum. The walls are closing in on her (good).

story and video here:
http://www.erietvnews.com/story/23374187...s-daughter

09-09-2013 10:05 AM

sharit Offline
Mocker

I have a problem with the Father promoting his wrap during the search of his possibly dead toddler, but hey, it is Toledo. He sucks too.

09-10-2013 11:54 AM