Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MISSING/FOUND DEAD: Terry Dewayne Smith, 11 - CA.
Terry's been missing since Saturday night. He's autistic.

[Image: AP821505181358_244x183.jpg]

Today, LE searched the property of the family in Riverside County, using bloodhounds and a helicopter; reportedly based on evidence that there might be human remains on the property. No luck. Searches continue. Hope he's found alive.

Snip:
He was allegedly following his brother who told him to go home; Terry never made it and his mother didn't notice he was missing til the next day.

The 4-foot-8 boy with sandy brown hair and brown eyes was last seen wearing blue basketball shorts. Local children were asked to not wear blue to avoid confusion.

His mom shared details of the boy's habits on the searchers' Facebook page. Without his medication, Terry may be "over sensitive and may be walking on his tiptoes," the page said.

Searchers were also instructed to use his nickname "Juju" because hearing his full name called out might cause him to think he's in trouble and flee.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5...istic-boy/

Didn't notice he was missing until the next day. WTF.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-10-2013, 07:27 PM)Duchess Wrote:

My eyeballs almost fell out of my head when I got to that part. WTF is right.
Commando Cunt Queen
Not noticing an 11 year old autistic child wasn't home for the night was very suspicious to me from the start as well.

This update/change regarding today's search of the family's property is obviously a very bad sign.

Snip:
Riverside County sheriff's Deputy Albert Martinez says investigators served a search warrant before dawn Wednesday at the Menifee home of Smith Jr.

He says investigators dug up some remains but they haven't determined whether they're human.

Martinez also says investigators never ruled out foul play in the boy's disappearance.

Terry was initially said to have been last seen Saturday night in his 16-year-old brother's room, but Wednesday his brother said Terry followed him to a store that day. The brother ordered him to return home, and has been missing since, Deputy Alberto Martinez of the Riverside County Sheriff's Office said.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/07/1...z2Yh8lCJi4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haven't found much about the family in media. I just know that Terry lived with at least his mom and his 16 year old brother.

The 16 year old is the last to see Terry alive, in each of his 2 conflicting stories.

Mom's suspicious, imo. Big brother is definitely suspicious, just like in Leila Fowler's case.

I hope the remains are not Terry's and that he's alive. Long-shot hope, imo.
Damn. HotD, this reminded me of a case a few years ago (somewhat local) where a mentally challenged kid went missing from a car and AFAIK was never heard from again. I also don't recall any charges in that case but I could be wrong. Do you remember it?

It's really freaking sad how many of these missing children cases go unsolved. Baby Lisa? What the hell ever happened with that?
Commando Cunt Queen
(07-10-2013, 09:37 PM)username Wrote: Damn. HotD, this reminded me of a case a few years ago (somewhat local) where a mentally challenged kid went missing from a car and AFAIK was never heard from again. I also don't recall any charges in that case but I could be wrong. Do you remember it?

It's really freaking sad how many of these missing children cases go unsolved. Baby Lisa? What the hell ever happened with that?

There are a few cases of mentally challenged children gone missing. Really sad that the most vulnerable are sometimes the least protected.

I'm hoping this one turns out like the case of the missing Autistic boy from Virginia a couple of years back. He wandered off in a wooded park where his family was camping and hid; couldn't be found for 6 days. He's alive and well. Unfortunately, the circumstances surrounding Terry's disppearance sound more suspicious.

As for Baby Lisa, her POS parents continue not cooperating with police (but did appear on Dr. Phil!) and free as birds. Good ole' Deb is probably knocking back a box-o-wine and getting close to black out point as I type. I think Jeremy's two boys are still in their custody. Very frustrating.
(07-10-2013, 07:27 PM)Duchess Wrote:

That is the first thing I said. My kids are normal and 16 and 13 and I ALWAYS know where they are. Not knowing? That's a red flag right there.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Poor baby . . . he's been found dead.

The partially exposed remains of a child's body matching the description of Terry Dewayne Smith, a missing 11-year-old autistic boy, were found in a shallow grave near his family’s home in Menifee, authorities said.

A 16-year-old family member has been arrested on suspicion of murder, said Capt. John Hill of the Riverside County Sheriff's Department. Authorities refused to identify the suspect or the family relationship.

STORY
Oh geeze. It's the brother.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
RIP Terry. So damn sad.

The mother's name is Shawna Smith.

[Image: remains4.jpg]

She and her partner reportedly left the house (pictured above) on Saturday night to go play pool and got home Sunday at 1:00 a.m. Terry was in the care of his 16 year old half-brother (no name released, some reports calling him "step brother"). It wasn't until she went to give Terry his medicine on Sunday morning that she realized he was missing.

The 16 year old had been questioned by police several times. All of the family members were questioned today before the 16 year old was arrested. Reports indicate that the death was a result of a "domestic dispute". No details or cause of death released yet.

The brother is old enough to be tried as an adult, should prosecutors believe it's warranted.

Refs:
http://guardianlv.com/2013/07/terry-smit...low-grave/
http://www.menifee247.com/
Very sad news.
Commando Cunt Queen
How can you try a 16 year old as an adult?

When you are 16 you are not an adult.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(07-11-2013, 02:34 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: How can you try a 16 year old as an adult?

Because it's the U.S. Unless you are a celebrity, you are going down.
I'm for the death penalty but I don't agree with executing men with the mental age of a child which has happened on numerous occasions in the US.

I also don't agree with charging children as adults.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(07-11-2013, 02:34 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: How can you try a 16 year old as an adult?

Easy. Lock 'em up & throw away the key.
That's ridiculous.

There was a recent case in the US of a 12 year old being given life in prison in an adult jail.

That's fucking ridiculous as well.

What do you suggest instead instead, OP?
Try kids as kids and adults as adults.

Don't execute people who mentally don't have the capacity to understand what is going to happen to them.

When a teenager commits an adult crime that teenager absolutely deserves to be treated in an adult fashion. This kid is what, 16? Old enough to drive, right? Driving is an adult responsibility. He is old enough to know and understand right from wrong. Take the little bastard out of society and never cut him loose again.

This is where he buried his little brother. If what I am reading is true, that 16 yr. old doesn't deserve any courtesy because of his age. Once they take him out of society I won't care what they do with him as long as he's never allowed to walk free again. He's tainted, there is no place for him in polite society.

[Image: article-2359897-1AC0EB24000005DC-975_634x356.jpg]