Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ramsey
I have a quick Ins question for you. Have you ever heard of a Ins Co telling a person to remove the vines from the side of their brick home or they will drop their insurance? That is what I was just told. I have 30 days to remove it or they will drop me.
probably because they bury themselves in the walls and ruin the integrity.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

(07-12-2013, 10:22 AM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: I have a quick Ins question for you. Have you ever heard of a Ins Co telling a person to remove the vines from the side of their brick home or they will drop their insurance? That is what I was just told. I have 30 days to remove it or they will drop me.

Wow. What did they do, drive by your home?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

You know, there are a shit ton of homes & educational facilities that are covered in ivy.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I know Duch. I just spen a little time out there seeing what I was getting into. It dont come off to bad. The vines have ben on the house for as long as I owned it and thats about 17 years [the house is over 100 years old] . There is no damage at all. The vines just cling to the brick.
The noticed them because I just changed Ins Co's and the did a google street view of the house.
I think it would depend on the type of vine... if they are the kind that wrap themselves around parts of the structure to grow (like shutters, eaves, window frames, downspouts), they may be concerned about that damage. But if they are the kind that grow by tendrils on the brick, it's just an old wives tale that they destroy houses.

The sheer weight of a vine could be a problem also, but not likely for a masonry wall.
(07-12-2013, 11:29 AM)F.U. Dont ask again Wrote: The noticed them because I just changed Ins Co's . . .

That's why and "Yes" they can.

On the plus side . . . Obama is creating universal homeowners' insurance that will prevent exclusion due to pre-existing condition coverage.
I've never done property but I think the guys are right in that they could cause a problem.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(07-12-2013, 03:25 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I've never done property but I think the guys are right in that they could cause a problem.

When I talked with the masons on the jobsite I asked them about this. They started laughing. House eating vines they said. Then laughed somemore.
I don't think the insurance company is worried about the vines eating the house. It's more that they will get under the house and into the walls, electrical, or plumbing. They don't want to drop you out of hand and lose business. There must be some type of claim history for them to be concerned. They are trying to mitigate the potential for a future loss.
(07-12-2013, 04:28 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I don't think the insurance company is worried about the vines eating the house. It's more that they will get under the house and into the walls, electrical, or plumbing. They don't want to drop you out of hand and lose business. There must be some type of claim history for them to be concerned. They are trying to mitigate the potential for a future loss.

That may be the reason but its not what they said. They said it eats the mortar.
My train of thought is, whats next. Are they going to say that there is a chance that a tree can fall on the house. So no trees closer to the house than the tree is tall.

I am not having a good year with Ins so I am kinda pissed off at all things Ins right now.
There has to be some kind of line here. They can't just keep telling you to do this or that. If they did, I would drop THEM. What company is it?

Personally, if I was getting good coverage at a decent rate and that is all they asked I'd comply. Make sure it's a company known for excellent claim service. You don't want cheap and then end up having a claim and waiting a week for a rep to come out. Also, review your policy closely and pay special attention to exclusions. That's where you can get screwed.
I cant remember who this new Co is Ramsey, I will ask the OL tho. I do remember she said they were rated A+. After the issue I had with the ragtop I was already pissed at the old Co. Then the old Ins Co sent me this years bill for the main house. Well we have 2 houses, 2 cars, 2trucks,1 Harley and 1 MPV all insured with the same Co. They droped one of our discounts, cant remember what that one was and raised the price on our main house 300 bucks a year. That pissed me off so I told them to stuff it and moved everything to this new Co. The price of the main house Ins droped by 50% by moving to this new Co, so I thought that was great. I will have to ask the OL what the total savings was by going to this new Co, but I do remember that one was 50%.
If you use an agent that represents several different companies, you can get quotes on all your policies and compare the costs and coverages. Let the agent do the leg work getting the quotes. Give him/her a list of must haves such as deductibles, replacement of possessions instead of depreciated value, stuff like that. Liability and injury coverage is very important as well. You want to make sure you have enough coverage if you or the OL is injured in the car or on your property. An agent can also help you with life insurance, a disability policy, and a long term care policy. I never gave much thought to that kind of coverage until my brother got sick. Thank God he has those.
God damn, Lori, look at you go sans gallstone...using big fancy words like mitigation and shit. Not a typo to be seen.

One could form a hypothesis that gallstones make you dumb.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
What's your excuse Jeff?

I knows me some insurance fo sho!
(07-12-2013, 10:53 PM)ramseycat Wrote: What's your excuse, Jeff?

And you fucked the hypothesis in one sentence.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(07-12-2013, 11:20 PM)crash Wrote:
(07-12-2013, 10:53 PM)ramseycat Wrote: What's your excuse, Jeff?

And you fucked the hypothesis in one sentence.

Bad spelling is associated with an unhealthy gall bladder.

Bad grammar is associated with an unhealthy mind.

Once ramsey gets that lobotomy we're all chipping in for, she'll be a damn near perfect poster.
You think we'd get any value for money buying Veronica a lobotomy?
(07-12-2013, 11:44 PM)crash Wrote: You think we'd get any value for money buying Veronica a lobotomy?

Aside from comprehensible posts?

Mostly just the value of knowing that we joined together, as a kind of family, to help one of our own in her quest for self-improvement. Altruistic reward, really.

Aussie would simply throw that book "The Secret" at ramseycat, pray for her grammar to improve, and call it a day. She probably won't give much to the donation plate. Selfish.