Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ARREST MADE: Abigail Hernandez, 15, Missing/Returned Safe - New Hampshire
"This girl is and always will be an angel — very quiet, caring — and her and my boy are very close," said James Campbell. "Jimmy can't be without her."

-----quite above from article below, last sentence weird.

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/...-from-afar

By Tom Eastman and Daymond Steer
CONWAY — The search by law enforcement authorities continues for missing Kennett High freshman Abigail Hernandez, 15, of Village Way of North Conway, who was last seen the afternoon of Wednesday, Oct. 9.
Conway police Lt. Chris Perley said Monday there was "nothing new to report," but he felt law enforcement was making "some headway" in the investigation.
Rich Gray, who has been in a relationship with Abigail's mother, Zenya Hernandez, for four years, issued a statement per a reporter's request to express his thanks to the community and law enforcement and to join with others, including James D. Campbell, the father of Abigail's boyfriend, Jimmy, in expressing concern for Abby's safe return.
Gray is stationed as a chief steward in Diego Garcia on the United States Naval Ship Seay. The ship is berthed at a U.S. Naval Support facility there on Diego Garcia, which is a small island in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
Gray, who works part-time for WMWV 93.5-FM and Attitash Ski School when back home in Mount Washington Valley, was home in late summer. He flew back to the ship by way of Bahrain on Oct. 3 and is scheduled to be gone for four months.
He said he has been in touch with the FBI regarding Abigail's disappearance. He also answered a reporter's question about the ordeal by noting via email Oct. 17, “I was pretty shocked and scared when Zenya told me that night of the 9th that she hadn’t come home. It took me by surprise and I was sure that she was just out for whatever reason and that she’d be back that night. But she hadn’t done anything like that since I’ve known her, so all kinds of things went through my mind. I have my own daughter, Allie, and she sure popped into my head and how I would have felt if it was her. So I felt pretty scared for Abby. No, I didn’t see this coming. She’s really a great kid and so much fun to be around.”
He issued the following official statement:
“First I just want to give a very heartfelt thanks to the MWV community and the close friends of Zenya and Sarah [Hernandez] for the tremendous and continued support that you’ve given them and your efforts to assist the authorities in bringing Abby home. It has meant so much to me to know that they are not alone. Of course a huge thanks goes to all of the authorities such as the local and state police, the FBI, the Attorney General’s office and other officials for their incredible and ongoing efforts to find Abby. It’s truly been amazing to watch this process even from 10,000 miles away.
"That said, and I am really appreciative of all of you, the real reason that I’m making this statement is to reiterate what has been said by Zenya, Sarah (Abigail's sister) and the police. I’m pleading with anyone reading this to please contact the police with any kind of information at all about Abby, however insignificant it may seem. It could be huge. You never know. If you saw Abby or know someone who did at around the time that she went missing or you heard of something that she or someone else said, please call the authorities. If you don’t want to be in direct contact with the police, use a third party or get word to Zenya. Please tell a friend that you read this. Every bit of information we can get no matter how small is so much needed.
"Abby is such a wonderful, creative and intelligent person. We need to find a way to bring her back. She’s got a great mom and sister that love her very much and will do anything for her. Abby everyone wants you back so badly. Please help bring Abby back to her family."
• • •
James D. Campbell, father of Abigail's boyfriend, Jimmy, spoke highly of both Jimmy and Abigail. He said Jimmy loves Abigail deeply and insisted on earning the money to take her on dates.
"The last text Jimmy got was a heart," said James D. Campbell who confirmed the text was sent on Oct. 9 around 2:52 p.m
James Campbell recalled how Jimmy and Abigail would spend time together all summer watching movies on Netflix at the Campbell home. Campbell recalled how they would laugh as Jimmy would teach her how to play a Zombies themed video game on PS3 and also how they would all go on trips to places like Portsmouth. James Campbell said if Abigail had problems, she hid them well.
"This girl is and always will be an angel — very quiet, caring — and her and my boy are very close," said James Campbell. "Jimmy can't be without her."
The Campbells and the Hernandez family want Abby to come home. James Campbell urges anyone with information on this case to contact law enforcement.
"This girl needs to be home with her family," said James Campbell.
• • •
Anyone with information about the Abigail Hernandez case is urged to call Conway police at 356-5717 or the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abigail Hernandez, 15, Missing - New Hampshire - by Spomd - 11-01-2013, 08:17 AM