Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ARREST MADE: Abigail Hernandez, 15, Missing/Returned Safe - New Hampshire
(07-28-2014, 08:00 PM)Duchess Wrote: Whatever has happened I'm glad she's home with her family. Right up until I read of the arrest I thought she had something to do with her own disappearance. Reading the crime forum has made me a cynic. Smiley_emoticons_slash

For the last six months, I've considered it most likely that Abigail was missing voluntarily too. We still don't know if she took off willingly (at least initially) or not.

In any case, no one should feel bad for speculating that Abigail had a part in her disappearance or about why she might have left. Theorizing is what we do here and while it is not unheard of, it is extremely rare for an abductor to allow a captive to write a letter to a parent (and then to "release and return" a captive is even stranger).

When LE confirmed that the letter from Abigail to her mom was authenticated (and none of the contents therein were publicly disclosed), Abigail's friends and family began sending her messages asking her to come home (rather than pleading for someone else to release her). It was logical at that point to conclude that this might be one of the thousands of run away / voluntarily missing cases rather than a kidnapping. Based on their words and actions, IMO, that was always a possibility being considered by LE and some of Abigail's loved ones and supporters as well.

Anyway, I'm glad she's home too -- no matter the circumstances. And, I really hope tomorrow's arraignment and LE press conference will help fill in some of the pieces of the puzzle.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARREST MADE: Abigail Hernandez, 15, Missing/Returned Safe - New Hampshire - by HairOfTheDog - 07-28-2014, 08:41 PM