Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ARREST MADE: Abigail Hernandez, 15, Missing/Returned Safe - New Hampshire
Kibby doesn't have a low IQ.

He's been described as an intelligent guy by law enforcement officers who've encountered him over the years and others who knew him, but also myopic and fervent in his views. He is anti-government and anti-authority and has a history of criminal offenses.

I think it's possible that Abigail Hernandez went off with him initially because rebelling against authority or rules appealed to her, or for some other reason. Without hearing more of the story or seeing any evidence, I haven't convicted Kibby of anything in my mind. I really don't know if Abigail was with him willingly for any or all of the duration she was missing. I'm not convinced there was any sexual or romantic interaction between the two because I've not heard that alleged by either side and Kibby's not been charged with rape or statutory rape at this point.

I personally don't think Abigail Hernandez manipulated Nathaniel Kibby into anything (but it's possible she did). And, I'm not sure if he abducted her or not. The only thing I feel certain of is that Kibby knew that Abigail was a minor and a missing person, and that a lot of people were looking for her. I wonder if that made him feel powerful? I can see how it might for someone with his extreme views and history of challenging laws, society, etc...

This is an interesting new article about Kibby and the case. It contains a couple of pieces of information that I hadn't seen before:
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/09...story.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: ARREST MADE: Abigail Hernandez, 15, Missing/Returned Safe - New Hampshire - by HairOfTheDog - 09-23-2014, 09:54 AM