Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing
(11-07-2014, 02:42 PM)QueenBee Wrote: I am at work now, and do not have time to confirm, but I think there is going to be a CNN special on this evening. 9 or 10PM Eastern, I think. Do not hold me to this, but check your local listings.

Thanks for the heads-up on this special, QueenBee. I hadn't seen it and found it on Youtube.

It was fascinating watching it now that an arrest has been made -- especially listening to the suspect Chase Merritt point the finger at Summer McStay.

It's easy to see why Michael McStay caused suspicion for so many. He made some decisions that definitely delayed the start of an investigation and he did withdraw money from Joey's company's account (to pay Joey's older son's child support, he explained).

Dan Kavanaugh is also interviewed in the CNN special. He was a suspect in many people's eyes -- for good reason, IMO. He was the webmaster who was withdrawing money from the company before the family was reported missing and he sold the business months after Joey disappeared. He comes across as very shady, to me.

Anyway, there was always talk that an $81k deposit paid to Joseph's fountain company was unaccounted for. That payment was for a job that Chase Merritt worked on for Joey's company before the disappearance. I wonder if this poor family was killed over money by a man with a long history of theft, burglary and fraud offenses.

Investigators say that one of the pieces of evidence leading them to Merritt was found at the grave site. They aren't revealing the nature of that evidence.

Messages In This Thread
RE: McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing - by HairOfTheDog - 11-08-2014, 02:00 AM