Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing
(11-13-2014, 03:50 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: My feeling would be a baseball bat.

I'm just trying to imagine how it went down, and what was happening at the time.

I can't believe he had days on end to clean up and stage the house.

How in the hell did the bodies become noticeable?

What a break.

I'm really curious about how it all went down, and the motive as well.

The evidence found at the grave site might have given investigators clues as to how it went down. Were they all bound with electric cord? Both parents? Just Joseph?

Joseph McStay's father, Patrick, thinks the motive was money and that there might be others involved.

The San Bernadino Dist. Atty, Ramos, wouldn't comment on motive last week in a radio interview, but he advised listeners to keep in mind that Joseph McStay and Chase Merritt were business associates and go from there. He claims LE believes Merritt acted alone.

I think money was a factor if Merritt's the guy -- he's been stealing and conning his whole life. But based on the brutality of the murders, there was also a personal element like sense of betrayal, jealousy, revenge IMO ... I don't think there were others involved, but I'm not closed to the possibility of more arrests.

The graves were shallow ones. They were not far from the desert freeway, but in an area that no one would have a reason to be. Lucky that some dirt bike riders decided to ignore the rules and wound up there to come across a skull. Some people believe maybe Merritt told somebody where he buried the bodies and that person told police (and has been given immunity); that the biker story is a cover. It's possible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: McSTAY FAMILY - Found Dead 4 Years After Vanishing - by HairOfTheDog - 11-21-2014, 09:47 AM