Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AFFLUENZA
(02-06-2014, 11:07 AM)Donovan Wrote: I'm just waiting for them to set a legal precedent for killing somebody while afflicted with Lack-a-nookie. I got a list...

Hold off on that hit list unless you've got some major cash to spare.

When the criminal court fails, as it did in this case (IMO), sometime civil court can exact at least partial justice.

Today it was announced that one of Couch's passengers who was disabled in the crash settled with his insurance company for $1.64 million USD and five other families of those deceased/injured have also reached large settlements with Couch's family, pending court approval.

Another victim's family doesn't wanna settle and wants to go to jury trial.

That "Affluenza" defense rubs me the wrong way for so many reasons that I hope the Couch family loses most all of their fortune in settlements -- not to be vindictive, but because in this case I'd consider it poetic justice.

Ref:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/victim-to-re...ns-family/
They raised a monster.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-06-2014, 10:02 PM)Duchess Wrote: They raised a monster.

Yep.

And, I know they're not alone -- lots of parents raising enabled little monsters who are running around breaking laws and hurting people in the process.

What surprised me in the case of Ethan Couch is that the defendant, his parents, and his defense attorney had the gall to essentially blame his crimes on the fact that the family was too comfortable and well-off.

What surprised me even more and rubs me so wrong is that they were successful in convincing a judge that the family's good fortune was a mitigating factor which should result in a softer sentence for the little killer. Such an ignorant decision and dangerous precedent to set, IMO.
If one of my kids did what he did, I would say take your lumps kid. I have told them many many times that if they break the law and get arrested, I am not bailing them out and I am not paying for an attorney. If they were ever wrongly accused I would go to the ends of the earth to defend them. If they are guilty? Sorry. I'll support them and I'll always love then but they have to pay the consequences. Being blessed with a nice home and a comfortable lifestyle is not an excuse for breaking the law. ESPECIALLY doing anything that harms or kills another person.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

I had to work for things I wanted growing up. My parents gave me a car but the insurance, gas and anything else associated with it were my responsibility. I had to prove I could change a flat and the oil too. I had everything I needed but I had to work for what I wanted. Some kids aren't made to work for anything and their parents aren't doing them any favor.
Well, apparently Affluenza can't be cured by probation.78

[Image: 2F0A026D00000578-3345406-image-a-36_1449194363255.jpg]
^ A video showing Ethan Couch, now 19, playing beer pong with friends showed up on Twitter early this month and someone reported it to police.

The terms of his probation include no use of alcohol and weekly probation check-ins.

Couch missed his weekly probation check-in after the video surfaced and authorities went to investigate. They found the house where he and his dipshit mom live to be empty.

So, now there is a warrant out for Couch's arrest. He faces up to 10 years if convicted of probation violation.

Refs:
http://www.people.com/article/ethan-couc...-probation
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ation.html

He needs something and so do his parents for that matter, they made him what he is.
How can he be expected to obey the terms of his probation when he's sick with millions of dollars?

I'm sure they have plenty more money to buy the right kind of justice.
[Image: egypt_5.gif]
(12-17-2015, 01:05 AM)cladking Wrote: I'm sure they have plenty more money to buy the right kind of justice.

Maybe not.

Oddly, I think Couch is going to be punished much more severely for violating probation than he was for killing four people.

[Image: 151217214532-ethan-couch-affluenza-teen-...ge-169.jpg]

Tarrant County, Texas Sheriff ^ Dee Anderson was pissed off when a judge sentenced the little prick to 10 years probation and counseling two years ago instead of jail time. He was outraged on behalf of the victims' families and openly criticized the judge's decision. He wasn't alone.

Sheriff Anderson said tonight that he's not surprised at all that Couch is in trouble again. It's his opinion that Ethan's weird enabling mom and Ethan probably skipped the country once the beer pong video surfaced.

Sheriff Anderson's got the FBI and the U.S. Marshals on the case now. He says they're gonna find the fugitive; I believe him.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-marshall...han-couch/
(12-18-2015, 03:11 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Sheriff Anderson's got the FBI and the U.S. Marshals on the case now. He says they're gonna find the fugitive; I believe him.

I listened to one of his interviews. He's going to make sure that little bastard pays one way or another and I believe him too.
I remember one Christmas when I was with my ex-wife we went to her Aunts house when they opened their presents. There were 4 kids in that family and they would open the gifts as quick as they could and say like it don't like it and tossed them on the floor. Spoiled little shits they were and it kinda made me a little sick watching them, I had to leave the room and I had a real tough time not laying into them on Christmas day. I'll never forget that.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

It's sickening, isn't it. I've seen shit go down like you described and my reaction is always the same, I think the people are ungrateful twats.
[Image: img_20151221_192945.jpg?w=324&h=257&crop=1][Image: img_20151221_193030.jpg?w=436&h=257&crop=1]

Ethan Couch has been a fugitive for 2 weeks now. LE has reportedly received a lot of tips, but have no solid leads.

His mom, Tonya Couch, has been reported missing and is believed to be on the run with Ethan.

There's a $5,000 reward for tips leading to Couch's whereabouts.

The Tarrant County, Texas district attorney is asking the state to move 18-year-old Couch's case from juvenile court to adult criminal court.

"A juvenile who violates his probation can be revoked and he can be sent to the juvenile detention facility until he's 19," District Attorney Sharen Wilson said. "This defendant, Ethan couch, turns 19 in April. Being locked up in a juvenile detention facility for four months does not seem like much punishment to me."

I hope Wilson succeeds in getting Couch treated as an adult.
(12-18-2015, 06:56 AM)Maggot Wrote: I remember one Christmas when I was with my ex-wife we went to her Aunts house when they opened their presents. There were 4 kids in that family and they would open the gifts as quick as they could and say like it don't like it and tossed them on the floor. Spoiled little shits they were and it kinda made me a little sick watching them, I had to leave the room and I had a real tough time not laying into them on Christmas day. I'll never forget that.

If my kid doesn't like what I got her for Christmas I'll kick her ass and move all my junk in there.

She's a good little soul though, for the most part I don't raise little assholes.
That was a good idea you had for that house, in 5 yrs you can move the still out there.
Busted!!
http://www.fox4news.com/news/65180909-story
Affluenza teen Ethan Couch, mother detained in Mexico

Infamous affluenza teenager Ethan Couch and his mother have been found in Mexico, according to authorities.

He was reportedly found near the popular beach resort Puerto Vallarta by Mexican authorities Monday afternoon. CNN was the first to report the arrest of the wanted teen.

Tarrant County officials said they hadn't been informed of arrests by Mexican officials, but were checking with the US Marshals for more information.

Couch, who killed four people while driving drunk in 2013, and his mother Tonya went missing about two weeks ago. Couch missed an appointment with his probation officer, leading authorities to believe he was on the run from law enforcement and possibly fled the country.

Earlier this month the DA’S office began investigating a video posted online that appeared to show Ethan Couch at a party where alcohol is involved – a violation of his probation. The clip shows several young men playing beer pong. It’s believed the release of the video caused Ethan Couch to flee.

In the days before Christmas, authorities asked people to search for Tonya Couch’s vehicle, a black 2011 Ford F-150 pick-up truck.

Ethan Couch was convicted of intoxication manslaughter and sentenced to 10 years of probation for driving his pickup truck drunk and killing four people.

Couch was found guilty, but the defense argued he had “affluenza.” Attorneys said he was the product of a dysfunctional and abusive family -- parents who condoned drug and alcohol use and never set boundaries. He was given probation and sent to a pricey rehab facility in California.

Prosecutors said his alcohol level was three times the legal limit when he caused the chain reaction crash in Burleson. The crash killed a 24-year-old stranded motorist, a youth pastor who stopped to help her and a mother and daughter who lived nearby. They were all working to change a flat on the side of the road.
Awesome news, Six.

I really hope the District Attorney in Texas can successfully make a case to have the entitled little prick charged as an adult for probation violation. It would suck if he was sent to a juvenile facility and had to be released when he turns 19 (in four months).

In my opinion, mom Tonya Couch should face legal consequences as well.

For now, news reports indicate that Ethan Couch and his idiot mom are being held on immigration charges by Mexican officials in Puerto Vallarta.

Couch changed his appearance before he and his mom fled the United States. Here's his mugshot.

[Image: 2FA9C43700000578-3377037-image-a-4_1451385090922.jpg]
(12-29-2015, 11:04 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: In my opinion, mom Tonya Couch should face legal consequences as well.

I agree! I want her held accountable in some fashion. She's enabled that rotten little bastard's poor behavior his entire life. She helped to make him what he is today. He's a POS.
A Mexican jail would be a good place for that creep.
I know some parents think doing anything for their kid is in their best interest, but in a case like this all it does is teach the spoiled little shits that they do not have to take responsibility for their bad behavior, because mummy and daddy will just fix it all. Asshat