Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING
You put the fruit in fruitcake.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I put the pie in cheescake.
(06-04-2022, 05:10 AM)Duchess Wrote:  In my mind it's a weapon that continues to fire as long as the trigger is depressed and how many bullets it holds is determined by the size of the clip.

that is the definition of "automatic" weapon; they are already heavily restricted. it takes thousands to buy the permits necessary to legally purchase one. then it costs thousands to actually buy the weapon after the government gives you the colonoscopy.

you libs need to educate yourselves if you want any credibility; the proper term is "select fire" weapon. those weapons can be semi-auto, 3-round burst or fully auto.

assault weapons can be anything, including bats, are going to regulate T-Ball games now? little johnny might get mad and hit little Lizzy for dropping an easy fly ball.

evil is evil, legislation can't fix it; evil doesn't obey laws. kill it, and it will never hurt anyone again.
(06-04-2022, 11:41 AM)sally Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 02:13 AM)pyropappy Wrote: this is a very serious question - would someone please define the term "assault weapon" ...

I'm ignorant to the subject of guns as I've never even held anything other than a bb gun.I know as much about guns as I know about plumbing..But to me it would be a gun designed to take out as many people possible, like something used in combat.

weapons are merely tools; there are many different kinds because there are many different uses. like any tool, you choose the one that fits your needs. carpenters don't frame houses with tack hammers for a reason.
(06-05-2022, 03:51 AM)pyropappy Wrote:
that is the definition of "automatic" weapon; they are already heavily restricted. it takes thousands to buy the permits necessary to legally purchase one. then it costs thousands to actually buy the weapon after the government gives you the colonoscopy.

you libs need to educate yourselves if you want any credibility; the proper term is "select fire" weapon. those weapons can be semi-auto, 3-round burst or fully auto.

assault weapons can be anything, including bats, are going to regulate T-Ball games now? little johnny might get mad and hit little Lizzy for dropping an easy fly ball.

evil is evil, legislation can't fix it; evil doesn't obey laws. kill it, and it will never hurt anyone again.

Maybe someone will come along and fire a round into your oxygen tank. I'm done with you, Pappy. Go fuck yourself.
Another mass shooting overnight. This time it was in Pennsylvania, 14 shot and 3 dead. Are we up to daily mass shootings in America now? I wouldn't recommend anyone visit the United States.
Annnnnd there's another one. It's being reported that a mass shooting in Chattanooga killed 3 and injured 14, no word on their condition.

Edited to add that one of those killed & 2 of the injured were hit by vehicles trying to flee.
I found this article helpful.
https://thehill.com/news/3511913-what-is...gislation/

I do not know the names of all of the guns. I don't know all of the laws surrounding guns. I try to educate myself to better understand and make sure I am using the proper language. Or I speak in general terms.
According to the article-the AR-15 is a semi-automatic firearm.
I believe those should be banned.

Obviously when people are lumping the guns into one category under "assualt weapon" I don't think they are talking about a bat or a shoe. But it would be nice if they can be specific.

a while ago I watched a movie where only the military and police had firearms; it was called

"The Diary of Ann Frank"
Why should American kids have to go to school with armed & patrolling security like they are in Iraq or Afghanistan, and not only do parents support that, they encourage it. You've got people out there pushing armored backpacks & bullet proof blankets to pull around themselves.  hah That's some fucked up shit, people, but go on with your bad selves.
I'd be happy to support the demilitarization of society *after* "we the people" take control of the government. Corporate government is by far the greater threat, IMO.
(06-06-2022, 03:09 PM)rothschild Wrote:  Corporate government is by far the greater threat, IMO.

*nods vigorously*
(06-06-2022, 01:25 PM)Duchess Wrote: Why should American kids have to go to school with armed & patrolling security like they are in Iraq or Afghanistan
Because 19 children just got slowly massacred inside of a classroom, that's why. Why do you keep asking that question? The US is not banning all guns or most likely any so its a pointless question at this time. The schools need armed security at all times.
You missed my point. 
Was he shooting the kids after the cops got there?
(06-06-2022, 06:39 PM)BigMark Wrote: Was he shooting the kids after the cops got there?

Have you not heard the story? They let the guy stay in there with them for an hour.
(06-06-2022, 06:39 PM)BigMark Wrote: Was he shooting the kids after the cops got there?

Yes, and it's on one of the numerous 911 calls that were made from within the classroom.
The Uvalde school board has declined to discipline the chief of police who choose to wait outside as the shooter continued to kill the kids/teachers. I have questions. How the hell does a school board have power over law enforcement officers?

I saw it reported earlier that the grandfather of one of the kids killed was fired from his job for being vocal in his criticism of the local police department.
Could you imagine being one of the parents knowing your kid is inside that classroom and praying that it's not your kid every time a shot is fired for a fucking hour. This is the craziest thing ever, it's not even believable.
I think it would probably make me insane. I really don't know how I would be able to handle that mentally.