Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING
I can't fathom this tragedy at all. Any of it.

I just wish the current laws were applied. New legislation means nothing if it's not applied or used or letting people out of jail nilly willy. In Mass it was illegal to own a handgun during a crime or face an automatic year in jail. That got thrown out I don't know why. Many of these perps get out with no bond only to break the law again. Lax prosecutors and idiot judges did that.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
One of the little girls killed wore a pair of green high top Converse. She had painted a heart on them and it was supposed to express her love of nature. Those green high tops were the only way her parents had to identify her mutilated body, she was unrecognizable. So saddening that her parents choose to view her body like that. That's not a statement judging them, I'm all for them all doing whatever they need to do to get through this.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
That is awful.

I read somewhere that the school is not even opening up in the fall.

I heard that too.
Why should a teenager be able to buy a semi automatic rifle? Is it because they are fun and we can't infringe on their fun? Why would someone's fun outweigh someone's life? I'm trying to understand. 
(06-07-2022, 07:25 PM)Duchess Wrote: Why should a teenager be able to buy a semi automatic rifle? Is it because they are fun and we can't infringe on their fun? Why would someone's fun outweigh someone's life? I'm trying to understand. 

Seems pretty clear that we have a mental health crisis in America. And we also have a culture that is saturated with violence, and a political class that has done nothing to address these problems over the decades except to pass omnibus crime legislation that has weakened elements of the Constitution, such as habeas corpus. Now these same politicians want to blame it all on guns, which is just more of the same dysfunctionality that got us to where we are.
Lots of songs that kids like glorify shoot-ups. If Hollywood and the music industry really cared it wouldn't be so "fun"
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(06-07-2022, 09:07 PM)Maggot Wrote: Lots of songs that kids like glorify shoot-ups. If Hollywood and the music industry really cared it wouldn't be so "fun"

And it's not uncommon for kids to cut themselves. There's all kinds of signs that something is very wrong in this nation, and the world at large, but the powers-that-be keep right on promoting degredation.
Well shit. Sorry to delete, but it didn't post properly. WTF.
I see lots of products being advertised as a solution to this problem. While I agree with some of the solutions-and security I do not believe these things to be THE ONLY SOLUTION THAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

I listened to the pediatrician who serves that small Texas town. He's the only pediatrician there and knows those kids. He spoke about the condition of the kids who had been shot. Some are unidentifiable because their little bodies had been shredded by the bullets, a couple of them had been decapitated. There isn't an eyeroll big enough when some people talk about shooting raccoons & prairie dogs with those guns. 
If you look at it in the context of everything that's going on in the world, I would say that it fits right in. Literally everything is going to shit.
(06-09-2022, 03:36 PM)rothschild Wrote:  Literally everything is going to shit.

Yeah, and I have so many feelings about that, they are all over the place, lots of anger & disgust, sorrow for sure. Sometimes I don't know if I'm just uber aware right now because I'm paying attention or if things have always been this way. Surely things haven't always been like this and I was just too self-involved and didn't notice.
Another mass shooting, kids. This time it's in Maryland at a warehouse. When first responders arrived they found 3 dead and one critically injured. The gunman got away and encountered a Maryland state trooper, shots were fired by both with the suspect & the trooper being hit. I don't have any info on their condition.
Damn Copycats are coming out of the woodwork Everywhere!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

That is enraging. It's fucking enraging! For over an hour the cops let the shooter pick off those kids. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. They didn't run, they didn't fight, they tried to hide the best they could and he sprayed them with bullets. It was gut wrenching to listen to this teacher. The cops right outside the door is really difficult to think about, I can't imagine what those living through this are going through knowing their kids were alive for awhile. Goddamn.
This is Annabelle and Xavier. They were 10 and best friends. Their mothers say they were amused to discover that they would text "I love you" to each other every night at bedtime. Young as they were they were childhood sweethearts and their moms decided that because of their connection they should be buried next to each other.

[Image: 269411-new-wion-2.jpg?w=770&ssl=1]
The Uvalde police chief said he didn't know he was in charge. This passed the point of complete incompetence a long time ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the highest ranking LEO in a town the police chief?