Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cladking...Happy Birthday :kisses:
(02-04-2014, 08:33 PM)cladking Wrote: I do a similar thing but for me I'm trying to discourage the casual reader. I figure if I complicate a thought or sentence that it will force a reader to pay closer attention. Then I'll drop in a few treats to encourage them.

I noticed.

And, yet, I'm a casual reader who continues coming back for treats (sometimes I see them, sometimes I don't - but never feel discouraged).

I guess that proves the point upon which it seems you and Crowley agree - how humans see and interpret things is very much dependent on who they are as individuals. No matter how definitive a contextual foundation is attempted to be laid, perspectives are gonna vary.

I agree with that opinion, and with much of your post.

I'd never thought about it before, but it is interesting to ponder a world with hallucinogenic drugs that have been voided of the their addictive properties. Would it encourage more creative thinking and problem solving? Promote greater tolerance? Rid society of the perceived need for so many pain killers and medications? Enable a society of whacked out lazy dreamers who did little to nothing else, even with the "addictive" physical properties removed? IDK. But, I'd probably try them all, once.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cladking...Happy Birthday :kisses: - by HairOfTheDog - 02-05-2014, 11:50 AM